Implementation Consultant Intern
- Bachelor's degree; Master's degree is a plus; Interns are typically enrolled in a degree-granting program at the time of their internship
- 3+ years of work experience, including 1+ year of design/execution of lean and/or six-sigma operational improvement projects
- Strong record of academic achievement and clear demonstration of leadership in a work, academic, and/or extracurricular setting
- Ability to identify opportunities for growth and subsequently take a leadership role in exploring new ideas
- Proven experience in applying well-developed problem solving skills (quantitative, conceptual, analytical)
- Comfortable with significant client interaction and interest in building relationships
- Strong interest in and passion for coaching or mentoring others
- Ability to communicate complex ideas effectively, both verbally and in writing, in English and the local office language(s)
- Comfort with extensive travel (4 – 5 days per week)
Who You'll Work With
You'll join in one of our locations around the world for an 8 - 10 week internship with McKinsey Implementation (MI).
MI provides continuous, distinctive support to our clients to ensure they achieve and sustain the full benefits of McKinsey's recommended changes. Our implementation consultants are involved from strategy through execution with a disciplined eye on impact and sustainability at every stage of the project life-cycle.
What You'll Do
You will work in small teams with colleagues and clients to build the capabilities, systems, and processes needed to deliver bottom-line results and ensure those results will be sustained.
Our work is about coaching others to achieve success in implementing new approaches and delivering lasting outcomes. You'll have the opportunity to manage projects and progress with minimal supervision, including tracking metrics, handling complex analyses, and preparing communications to report back to client and internal leadership. Additionally, you'll develop practical recommendations and contribute to team discussions on implications of analysis; identifying implementation challenges.
You'll work alongside the client's staff on each project, assisting with implementation tasks. This could include facilitating working sessions with front-line and supervisors, connecting with and motivating the client team, or developing skills of McKinsey or client team members when appropriate, principally through coaching. You'll also solicit feedback from team members to develop your own skills. Common traits of those successful in this role are leadership, integrity, a sharp analytical mind, creativity, and the ability to work with people across all levels in an organization.
Back to top