Implementation Coach - Zero Based Budgeting
- University degree and excellent academic record required; MBA or other advanced degree preferred
- 5+ years work experience with a distinctive record of achievement and impact
- Focus on Zero Based Budgeting Industry experience in consumer package goods or retail Financial Planning & Management Experience (FP&A or Controller)
- Comfort with financial systems (general ledgers, consolidated financial reporting systems, accounts payables, etc.)
- Demonstrated experience successfully leading a transformational/capability building activity or change management within a service operations environment across multiple functions
- Strong influencing, coaching and communication skills across all levels of an organization, plus a passion for seeing others succeed
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves and work at all levels of a client organization
- Willingness to travel regionally or globally up to 80% depending on client and base location
Who You'll Work With
You'll work with McKinsey Implementation – a rapidly growing capability for our firm – in one of our North American offices. As a member of MI, you'll work closely with our client project teams, providing end-to-end support to ensure the clients are able to deliver and sustain the full benefits of McKinsey's recommended change in their business.
In this role you'll also be a part of our Corporate and Business Functions practice, which drives shared services and support function redesign and transformation engagements. This practice follows a holistic approach encompassing a wide range of levers including Lean, customer back organization and process redesign, IT enablement, offshoring and outsourcing, capability building, and aligning governance mechanisms.
What You'll Do
You will engage at a deep level across our clients' businesses, working in small teams to build the capabilities, systems, and processes needed to deliver bottom-line results and then ensure those results are sustained.
Our implementation work is about problem solving, coaching, and delivering lasting outcomes. In addition to applying outstanding problem-solving approaches, you will be a practical, experienced, and excellent coach to our clients.
Projects may focus on optimizing functions such as IT, Finance, HR, Procurement, Legal and Facilities Management, redefining end-to-end cross functional processes such as Procure-to-Pay and Order-to-Cash; and assisting clients to develop integrated enterprise services. Our experience spans the whole improvement cycle from initial diagnostics and planning, through design, to implementation and value capture.
You will have the opportunity to build experience in budgeting methodology, operating expenses, and cost management across a number of industry sectors. You'll build our clients' capabilities in Zero Based Budgeting (ZBB) by encouraging them to achieve success beyond their expectations.
On this rapidly growing team, there will be strong emphasis on professional development with opportunities to develop at your pace while delivering sustainable change across our clients' capital expenditures, operating expenses, sales, and marketing functions.
For more information on McKinsey Implementation, please visit: http://www.mckinsey.com/client_service/implementation
Meet Some of McKinsey's Employees
Danielle is one of the leaders of McKinsey’s business with retail and consumer clients. She oversees client projects and helps her teams and her clients utilize McKinsey’s resources.
Back to top