Implementation Coach - Steel Industry
- Bachelor's degree; Advanced degree preferred
- 5-10 years of experience in the steel industry with a distinctive record of achievement or expertise in steel manufacturing, operation, technical process, research and development, marketing and sales
- In-depth understanding of the development trends in the steel industry is an advantage
- Distinctive people skills and excellent ability to engage at all levels of the organization
- Superior problem solving and analytical skills
- Skills to communicate complex ideas effectively, both written and verbally, in English and Mandarin
- Comfort with extensive travel (4-5 days a week)
Who You'll Work WithYou'll be working with McKinsey Implementation (MI)– a rapidly growing capability for our firm – in either our Shanghai, Beijing, Shenzhen, Hong Kong or Taipei locations. As a member of MI, you'll work closely with our client project teams, providing end-to-end support to ensure the clients are able to deliver and sustain the full benefits of McKinsey's recommended change in their business.
What You'll Do
You will help clients build capabilities in delivery and execution, both during an active project and continuing after our consultants have shared their recommendations.
You will work directly with client leaders and front-line operators on topics where implementation issues are important and where driving change is critical to successful realization of goals. You will make an important contribution to the analysis, design, and implementation of Steel Industry and Management approaches, developing tailor-made solutions and working closely with clients to ensure positive impact and sustainable results.
As such, you will provide oversight, problem-solving support and practical industry expertise, frequently involving facilitating on-site workshops, individual and group coaching, and change management sessions.
See Inside the Office of McKinsey
McKinsey helps clients facing a whole range of business questions to identify, understand, and analyze their options and make good strategic decisions. Whether it’s a tech giant contemplating a large investment, a pharma company expanding overseas, or a nonprofit looking to increase donations, the McKinsey team knows the ins and outs of the industries it serves and helps its clients tackle tough challenges and make big decisions.
Back to top