Implementation Coach - Sales - Global Energy & Materials
Our roles are suited to people who can apply problem-solving and experience-based judgement to complex challenges by focusing on the critical issues and constraints that affect business performance. We seek individuals who demonstrate leadership, integrity, a sharp analytical mind, creativity, and the ability to work with people across all levels in an organization to make them successful.
Competitive candidates will demonstrate the following:
- Minimum 5 years of experience and expertise in the following areas:
- Frontline sales experience and sales team management experience
- Sales team capability building and sales efficiency enhancement experience, involves sales team coaching and sales process optimization
- Revenue management (pricing, promotions), especially working closely with sales to implement changes
- Basic Materials, Chemical, EPNG, Oil & Gas industry experienced preferred
- Extensive experience in rolling out and managing large-scale implementation projects
- Undergraduate and/or master's degree in business, marketing engineering, or operations Strong record of academic achievement and clear demonstration of leadership in a work, academic, and/or extracurricular setting
- Understanding of the principles of change management and performance metrics and dialogs
- Highly skilled problem-solving abilities (quantitative, conceptual, analytical)
- Strong interest and passion for coaching or mentoring clients
- Comfort with extensive travel (4-5 days/week)
- Strong persuasive communication ability in both Mandarin and English, written and verbal
Who You'll Work With
McKinsey & Company is a leading international management consulting firm, with over 100 offices in more than 60 countries, helping large organizations addresses their strategic challenges. Our mission is to help our clients make positive, lasting, and substantial improvements in their performance.
McKinsey Implementation is a new and rapidly growing capability for the McKinsey & Company. It provides distinctive end-to-end support to ensure our clients deliver and sustain the full benefits of McKinsey's recommended change in their business. The purpose of McKinsey Implementation is to work with the firm's clients and help them build their delivery and execution capabilities.
What You'll Do
Focused on Sales and Marketing engagements, Implementation Coaches are on the ground ensuring that implementation success is a priority. They engage at a deep level, working in small teams to build our clients' capabilities, systems, and processes needed to deliver bottom-line results and then ensure those results will be sustained. Their work is about coaching and delivering lasting outcomes.
Being part of our team of implementation consultants provides great opportunities, including:
- Driving lasting impact on critical sales and marketing issues that confront leading institutions
- Developing practical recommendations and contributing to team discussions on implications of analysis; identifying implementation challenges
- Managing projects and progress, including tracking metrics, handling complex analyses, and preparing communications to report back to client and internal leadership
- Working side by side with the client's sales teams on each engagement, helping tackle key operational challenges
- Facilitating working sessions with the frontline sales team and supervisors and motivating the client team
- Building our clients' sales capabilities; encouraging them to achieve success beyond their expectations
Meet Some of McKinsey's Employees
Danielle is one of the leaders of McKinsey’s business with retail and consumer clients. She oversees client projects and helps her teams and her clients utilize McKinsey’s resources.
Back to top