- Undergraduate and/or Master's degree in business, engineering, operations or related disciplines preferred .
- MBA preferred although not essential.
- Evidence of a distinctive career trajectory and/or academic record of achievement.
- 3-5 years of experience, ideally in an operating or line role; however continuous improvement roles are also considered
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Highly skilled problem solving and analytical skills (quantitative, conceptual, analytical), with the ability to translate analysis into recommendations.
- Strong people skills and an ability to engage all levels of the organization (especially frontline)
- Strong interest and passion for coaching or mentoring clients.
- A willingness to roll up your sleeves and work at all levels of a client organization.
- An understanding of the principles of change management and performance metrics and dialogs
- Comfort with extensive travel away from home city (4 days a week).
Who You'll Work With
As an Implementation Coach you will work within McKinsey Implementation (MI) – a rapidly growing capability for our firm. The Australian group has offices in Perth, Melbourne, and Sydney, however our work is national with travel to our clients' sites. As a member of MI, you'll work closely with our client project teams, providing end-to-end support to ensure the clients are able to deliver and sustain the full benefits of McKinsey's recommended change in their business. Your goal as an implementation coach is to help clients build these capabilities in delivery and execution, both during an active project and continuing after our consultants have shared their recommendations.
What You'll Do
As a Implementation Coach your passion is coaching individuals to help them succeed. Implementation Coaches work with front line leaders within our clients helping them to deliver impact on critical issues. Your role is to manage projects and progress with minimal supervision, including tracking metrics, handling complex analyses, and preparing communications to report back to client and internal leadership. You will develop trust-based relationships with clients and be seen as a specialist in implementation and delivering results.
Working for MI will give you the opportunity to gain experience across a broad number of industry sectors outside of your current sector of knowledge. You will also become part of an outstanding and rapidly growing team within the firm. McKinsey puts strong emphasis on professional development, with many opportunities to develop your skills and expertise. Our consultants receive exceptional training as well as frequent coaching and mentoring from within the firm.
Interested candidates please submit a resume and cover letter drawing reference to your suitable skills and experience in relation to the role as outlined above.
Meet Some of McKinsey's Employees
Danielle is one of the leaders of McKinsey’s business with retail and consumer clients. She oversees client projects and helps her teams and her clients utilize McKinsey’s resources.
Back to top