Immigration Human Resources Specialist
- Bachelor's degree
- 3-5 years business immigration / HR experience, preferably in a professional services environment
- Experience working with experience with F-1 OPT, non-immigrant work visas (e.g.: H-1B, L-1, TN, H-1B1, E-3, J-1 ) and the employment and marriage based greencard processes
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Outstanding organizational and project management skills and attention to detail with full ownership of initiatives and tasks
- Ability to multi-task effectively and efficiently and proactively drive improvement initiatives
- Extensive experience with Excel, PowerPoint, Word
- Willingness to make independent decisions and ability to exercise clear and appropriate judgment in a range of situations
- Ability to dive into complex, ambiguous situations and bring them to an effective resolution
- Proven ability to handle confidential information, personal integrity, excellent judgement and high ethical standards
- Stress tolerance related to time sensitive deadlines and workflow demands
- Exceptional accuracy combined with a focus on efficiency
- Independent project management skills, flexible and organized; excellent time management skills
Who You'll Work With
You will work in either the Tampa Service Center or our Atlanta, Georgia office with the North American HR team and the Legal team. You will serve as a central point of contact regarding immigration issues with foreign nationals as well as stakeholders within the following areas: Recruiting, Human Resources, Professional Development, Mobility, Learning, Meeting Planning and In House and External Immigration Counsel.
What You'll Do
You will provide overall support for the immigration legal function in North America, with a particular emphasis on the United States.
You will act as the key point of contact for the United States for providing information on the firm's immigration policies including sponsorship of visas (H-1B, L-1, etc.) and greencards. You will manage communications with foreign nationals, various stakeholders across the firm as well as our internal immigration legal team and external immigration law firm. You will help our in-house immigration counsel to manage, prepare and respond to a high volume of communications, e-mails and voicemails.
You will meet with our in-house counsel and foreign nationals to provide information and follow up with execution of any necessary next steps. You will draft broadcast e-mails and urgent "alert" memos on legislative, policy and practice updates for review and sign-off by our immigration counsel. You will work with the North American HR team to review and revise template employment and travel verification letters.
You will prepare reports providing statistical analyses on the immigration program at McKinsey including status reports to offices, practices and leadership to ensure maintenance of legal status, timely initiation of greencard applications and analyses. You will create an internal tracking system for each foreign national on petition that will include status and visa type, issuance and expiration dates and other critical data for all those with U.S. work visas. You will conduct basic immigration legal research and prepare summaries using both on-line and hard copy resources.
Meet Some of McKinsey's Employees
Danielle is one of the leaders of McKinsey’s business with retail and consumer clients. She oversees client projects and helps her teams and her clients utilize McKinsey’s resources.
Back to top