Human Resources Manager
- Bachelor's degree in HR or related field
- 5 – 7 years HR experience, with at least 1 – 2 years of managerial experience
- Knowledge of relevant local HR regulations and issues and familiarity with relevant HR systems
- Optimistic and resilient with exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience developing innovative and creative methods of problem-solving
- Exemplary judgment and professionalism
- Strong people leadership and consultative orientation
- Proven experience handling highly sensitive and confidential materials
- Ability to deal with people in a fair and consistent manner and build relationships across many functions
- Excellent project management skills and multi-tasking capability
Who You'll Work WithYou'll work in our Tampa Service Center (TSC) located in St. Petersburg, Florida. You will work collaboratively with the North American HR (NA HR) community and in close coordination with the TSC Site Leader.
What You'll Do
You will oversee a full range of HR activities in support of more than 600 colleagues in our Tampa Service Center (TSC).
You will focus both on delivering exceptional support to our colleagues and managing HR-related risk on behalf of the firm, while also remaining hands-on across all facets of the HR processes. You will provide support and guidance on general employee relations issues for TSC-based colleagues and serve as the first point of contact for HR related questions. You will provide thought partnership to managers and other stakeholders on HR-related topics including personnel issues.
You will lead the performance management process for TSC-based colleagues (e.g., coordinate process in conjunction with other stakeholders, ensure data accuracy, and identify design improvements) and along with site leader, serve as primary point of contact for remote hiring managers and provide guidance on colleague performance coaching.
You will foster an excellent working relationship with the NA HR team, working collaboratively on shared processes, following best practices, and jointly problem solving on ongoing process improvements.
You will manage risk in collaboration with HR and Shared Service Center leadership, liaising with Legal as necessary. You will bring expertise and excellent judgement to issues related to background checks, immigration, performance remediation, leaves of absence (disability, FMLA, etc.), and external workers.
You will onboard and help coordinate and deliver orientation to new joiners, collaborating with TSC leadership and the NA HR team: prepare offer letters, serve as primary point-of-contact for all new hires, handle all necessary paperwork.
Meet Some of McKinsey's Employees
Danielle is one of the leaders of McKinsey’s business with retail and consumer clients. She oversees client projects and helps her teams and her clients utilize McKinsey’s resources.
Back to top