Human Resources Generalist
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in HR or related field
- 3 - 5 years of general HR experience; professional services experience preferred
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, judgment, professionalism, maturity, and trustworthiness
- Strong customer service orientation with the ability to interact with diverse range of people in a fair and consistent manner
- Excellent communication skills – both verbal and written
- Strong problem solving capability and ability to manage projects independently and handle ambiguity
- Outstanding organizational skills and meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to build and leverage a strong network across multiple functions
- Solid understanding of HRIS systems and Microsoft Office including Outlook and Excel
- Knowledge of Massachusetts and Boston employment laws
Who You'll Work WithYou will be based in Boston and will work with the North East Office (NEO) and North American HR teams to deliver exceptional support to our colleagues, while ensuring the firm is compliant with all legal requirements.
What You'll Do
You will coordinate, support, and mange key HR processes and programs for all Boston based colleagues.
In this role you will support the performance management process, ensuring data accuracy and identifying design improvements. You will onboard new hires and transfers to our Boston office. This will entail coordinating new hire orientation, explaining benefits and policies, and processing relevant paperwork. You will also assist with departures and separations, explaining all transition benefits and requirements to individuals leaving the firm.
You will act as the Office Immigration Contact (OIC) for Boston, developing a deep knowledge of immigration policies, and will manage the I-9 database to ensure we are in compliance. Additionally, you will manage Labor Certification Job Postings with an outside immigration counsel.
Back to top