Human Resources Coordinator
- Bachelor's degree in HR or related field
- Strong preference for HR experience in a North American McKinsey location
- Interest and exposure to the existing External Worker process and vision to innovate the space
- Experience in successful process improvement
- Consistently delivers exemplary end-products
- Ability to effectively develop an internal network of colleagues and resources
- Ability to quickly shift gears, extremely nimble and able to effectively cope with ambiguity
- Entrepreneurial spirit, inventive, flexible but organized
- Solid understanding of HR systems, and Windows and Lotus Notes applications
- Independent project management skills and ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously without getting overwhelmed
- Knowledge of relevant policies, processes, and programs
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Exceptional problem-solving and multi-tasking capabilities
- Excellent judgment, maturity, and trustworthiness
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively within a team
Who You'll Work With
You'll work in our Tampa Service Center (TSC) located in St. Petersburg, Florida as part of our Human Resources (HR) and broader administrative team.
The TSC opened in May 2010 to provide Executive Assistant support to North America as well as HR support and has expanded to become a hub for North American Finance. It's home for colleagues within practice administration, recruiting, analytics, design, learning, benefits and other roles. The Tampa based central HR team supports all U.S. based colleagues.
McKinsey & Company is a global management consulting firm that advises top management of Fortune 500 and other leading companies and institutions as well as governments and nonprofit organizations on issues of strategy, organization, technology, and operations. McKinsey & Company has more than 100 locations in over 60 countries and operates as a global partnership.
What You'll Do
You will champion the US External Worker process within the Central HR team as well as day-to-day coordination of External Worker HR processes and programs with a focus on providing guidance to cells on how to properly engage External Workers.
You will provide high touch support to cells engaging External Advisors and Senior External Advisors and standard support to cells engaging vendor contractor and contingent workers. You will work collaboratively with the other stakeholders (e.g., Finance, GPG, Legal, EAG, IT, local HR etc.) in the external worker space to manage risk and surface process improvement opportunities. Define problems and identify potential solutions to drive efficiency and data integrity.
You will also serve as an External Worker thought partner to the global HR community and manage and provide scheduled reporting and analysis of standard and ad hoc reports for External Worker data. Identify patterns that surface opportunities to improve the overall process and drive transparency. You will understand and communicate office-specific and Firm-wide policies and procedures when necessary and contribute to other HR projects as needed.
You will address concerns and problem-solve complex HR issues and exceptions to general policies in collaboration with office-based HR teams and Firm Functions teams. You will also Delivery of superior customer service to Firm members.
Meet Some of McKinsey's Employees
Danielle is one of the leaders of McKinsey’s business with retail and consumer clients. She oversees client projects and helps her teams and her clients utilize McKinsey’s resources.
Back to top