- Bachelor's degree required, preferably in HR or related field
- 2-5 years of experience in Human Resources or related field
- Excellent project management, problem solving and organizational skills
- High attention to detail with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks
- Extremely strong customer service and interpersonal communication skills (verbal and written)
- Excellent judgment in a range of situations, maturity and trustworthiness
- Experience with HRIS systems (e.g. PeopleSoft or Lawson), Microsoft Office Applications with solid excel and PowerPoint skills
Who You'll Work WithYou will work as an integral member of the Midwest Office (MWO) HR Team in our Chicago office. You will work closely with the local HR professionals and collaborate with the North American Human Resources (NA-HR) Team in Tampa to ensure seamless support for MWO colleagues.
What You'll Do
You will be responsible for the administration of various HR functions within the office with a specific focus on orientation and onboarding, administrative recruiting, systems/file management and reporting.
You will support the smooth entry of firm members into the firm including, but not limited to coordinating new hire and transfer orientations, collecting and processing relevant paperwork, sharing HR and benefits information, and managing new hire processes (e.g., allowance payments, housing loans, I-9 verifications, updating relevant systems).
You will support the recruiting process for select functions which includes liaising with hiring managers, identifying and managing candidate sources, and coordinating schedules. You'll also manage weekly, monthly and annual personnel reporting (e.g. in/out and demographics reports, tenure recognition, EEO reporting) and you'll communicate office-specific and firm-wide policies and procedures when necessary.
You'll manage personnel files, form collections and system updates for Midwest (MW) based colleagues and you will also maintain and enhance the HR section of the MW office intranet and ensure compliance with required labor law postings.
Back to top