High Tech, Media & Telecom- Knowledge Specialist, Software
- Bachelor's degree; Advanced degree preferred
- 5-7 years of experience with a Software Company in a business function or leading market/industry research firm
- Demonstrated experience in the Software industry (for instance, strategy, business development, marketing and sales), with a deep understanding of industry drivers, economics, trends and key players. In addition, knowledge of industry specific knowledge sources and databases is an asset
- Evidence of strong drive and project leadership including, but not limited to, development of tools, capabilities, publications or people leadership
- Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Strategic mindset with a focus on problem solving
- Strong multitasking and project management abilities, service-oriented personality, stress resistant and intellectual curiosity with an investigative mind
- Teamwork and collaborative nature
- Ability to manage multiple relationships (often with senior leadership), projects, expectations and time
- Superior numerical, analytical and financial skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and oral, in English; other languages will be highly appreciated
- Self-starter with the ability to deal with ambiguity
Who You'll Work With
You will be located in McKinsey's North American Knowledge Network in Waltham, MA.
You'll be part of our global knowledge network, which includes more than 1,800 knowledge professionals who work alongside our consultants and clients to generate distinctive insights and proprietary knowledge. You will work with this group to help develop, codify, sanitize, and manage our global knowledge portal, which includes more than 50,000 documents that form the backbone of our firm's knowledge management.
Software is a core knowledge area for McKinsey's Global TMT (High Tech, Media and Telecom) practice and is a priority service line for further investment. You will work closely with our global virtual TMT knowledge network team consisting of ~60 analysts from across the globe.
What You'll Do
You will work with or lead McKinsey consulting teams to deliver significant, measurable, and unique impact to clients on questions related to the Software sector through targeted information, specialized analysis and client ready documents.
You'll be a leading contributor to the practice's knowledge development efforts, including identifying knowledge gaps, designing and innovating new tools and capabilities and authoring sector specific reports. You will work with consultant and practice leaders to enhance and develop the practice's current awareness of developments in the Software domain. Acting as critical thought partner for consultants, you will be recognized as a source of authority on area(s) of expertise.
You will perform statistical analyses and financial calculations and prepare and present written and visual materials based on analysis to peers and senior leadership. You will coach and mentor junior team colleagues on your area of expertise.
You will be working in a virtual team environment, collaborating with Software analysts globally and in doing so, you will develop a deep understanding of knowledge assets and be seen as an authority on Software trends, proprietary third party research and tools.
Meet Some of McKinsey's Employees
Danielle is one of the leaders of McKinsey’s business with retail and consumer clients. She oversees client projects and helps her teams and her clients utilize McKinsey’s resources.
Back to top