Head of Risk Management
- At least 8–10 years' professional experience
- Top academic credentials, including strong undergraduate degree and demonstrable intellectual curiosity through professional training, advanced degree, or professional impact
- Outstanding "IQ, EQ, and RQ"–demonstrated through your problem-solving and judgment, communications and listening, and ability to thrive in a complex organization
- Distinctive expertise and problem-solving skills, demonstrated through your impact on complex, sensitive, time-critical issues
- An entrepreneurial, collaborative attitude, with interest and aptitude for working as part of a global team, across countries and cultures
- Exceptional judgment and integrity
- Strong personal presence and credibility, with the ability to work across all levels of seniority, cultivating trust-based, peer-counselor relationships
- Outstanding English written and oral communication skills, including clear, concise writing and editorial skills and excellent listening skills
- Deep understanding of or affinity to risk and governance issues
- Strong personal resilience, including comfort and credibility in challenging discussions with senior colleagues, which balance robustness, persistence, flexibility, humility, and tact
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced professional services partnership –taking forward multiple initiatives simultaneously, working gracefully under stringent deadlines, and balancing disparate needs
Who You'll Work With
You will be based McKinsey's office in Hong Kong or Singapore and will report directly to our global Director of Risk, who is based in London.
You will be part of the McKinsey's Risk function, an integrated global team, with backgrounds including communications, consulting, diplomacy, government, government affairs, and law. The function's mission is to enable McKinsey's client impact and innovation, while managing risks to the firm, our clients, and our people. You will work closely with client-serving Partners and wider colleagues across the firm, with the firm's board and risk committees, and with other professionals including our Communications and Legal teams.
What You'll Do
You will lead the Risk function's work in Asia across our four "pillars" of our risk model –governance, awareness, advice, and assurance – as well as contributing to the function's work globally.
On advice - the primary focus of the role - you will act a peer counselor to McKinsey Partners –including firm, office, practice and client service team (CST) leaders –on a wide range of complex, significant risk issues, including cases raised to our Client Service Risk Committee. You will also act as a global lead subject matter expert on selected major areas of risk, depending on your background and interests.
On governance, you will help evolve and shape our approach to risk, by providing transparency on risks we face in our work and offices in Asia and beyond, prioritizing actions to address them, and leading policy reviews and projects for the firm's board.
On awareness, you will act as a focal point for awareness-raising on professional standards and risk in Asia, including involvement in learning programs, training, and engagement.
On assurance, you will help evolve and implement the firm's approach to assurance and compliance.
Meet Some of McKinsey's Employees
Danielle is one of the leaders of McKinsey’s business with retail and consumer clients. She oversees client projects and helps her teams and her clients utilize McKinsey’s resources.
Back to top