Generalist - Junior Research Analyst
- MBA or Graduate/Post-graduate degree in Statistics, Economics, Econometrics, Computer Science, Engineering or Mathematics with strong quantitative background
- 0-2 years work experience
- Experience using modeling techniques to handle data in large volumes
- Statistical programming software experience in SAS/SPSS especially in working with large datasets
- Solid understanding of economic, financial and general business concepts and terminology
- Experience in conducting business or academic research
- Comprehensive computer skills including database searching, power point, word processing, spreadsheet analysis and online research
- Good people skills, team orientation, and professional
- Excellent communication skills in English and Mandarin (both oral and written)
Who You'll Work WithYou'll work in Shanghai in our McKinsey Knowledge Center China, the research arm of McKinsey's Greater China Office and part of McKinsey's global Knowledge Network. This position provides an excellent platform for junior researchers to build up broad and solid fundamental knowledge and skills in a wide range of topics, including macroeconomics, public sector and real estate.
What You'll Do
You'll provide research support to global consulting teams with a focus on the Chinese market.
In this role, you will articulate, scope, and prioritize research needs. You will identify and gather relevant company, industry, and economic information using a broad spectrum of appropriate sources. Further, you'll conduct interviews with regulators and companies and share insights. You will provide synthesis, insight, and practical implications within tight deadlines, via end products in the form of single exhibits, written summaries, basic fact packs, and spreadsheets. You will serve as a thought partner and will have the chance to leverage internal and external networks, engage in team problem solving, share evolving business trends, and contribute to knowledge creation initiatives.
Meet Some of McKinsey's Employees
Danielle is one of the leaders of McKinsey’s business with retail and consumer clients. She oversees client projects and helps her teams and her clients utilize McKinsey’s resources.
Back to top