GC Insight Data Analyst
- Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Data Science, Computer Science or related field required; Advanced degree is a strong plus
- High proficiency in SQL development
- Hands-on experience in an analytics role in banking is a plus
- Fundamentals in Python/Java or object oriented programming is strongly preferred
- Experience in visualization tools (e.g., Tableau) is highly desirable
- Understanding of Hadoop frame work is preferred
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment and work effectively with people at multiple levels in an organization
- Capability to effectively and efficiently balance multiple competing priorities
- Distinctive sense of accountability and ownership
- Skills to communicate complex ideas effectively
Who You'll Work With
You'll work in our Atlanta office as part of the GC Insights (GCI) team.
The GC Insights office (www.gcinsights.com) is a premier financial services consulting firm, which serves the banking and payments industry through rigorous analytical methods. GCI is a small, entrepreneurial and growing office, which provides deep analytics, research, benchmarking and consulting services to clients. Clients secure our expertise and data-driven insights to evaluate business line performance and to make operational improvements and product development decisions. With the look and feel of a start-up, we are a wholly owned subsidiary of McKinsey and Company, but operate independently under our own brand and management team.
What You'll Do
You will analyze and evaluate large quantities of data in relational databases, effectively balancing quality, efficiency, and timeliness.
You will work directly with our benchmarking teams to provide end-to-end data warehousing support across several multi-client performance studies, both in the creation and design of the warehouse and in periodic updates.You will work on ingesting client data, building and automating data pipelines (ETL or ELT) in SQL or Alteryx in an optimal way, communicating with analysts & product managers to translate business needs into technical requirements and learning the domain of GCI capabilities. You will also constructively discuss your findings in dialog with team members and clients while always looking for the best solution.
Over time, we expect that you will contribute to the development of the team by coaching less experienced colleagues and finding new ways to create innovative services.
Meet Some of McKinsey's Employees
Danielle is one of the leaders of McKinsey’s business with retail and consumer clients. She oversees client projects and helps her teams and her clients utilize McKinsey’s resources.
Back to top