Full Stack Developer - Intern
- Bachelor's degree or Master's Degree candidate/Diploma in IT, Computer Science, Information Systems, Math, Engineering or related discipline (in progress or recently completed)
- Understanding of object oriented design, design patterns, service oriented and restful architecture
- 2+ years hands on development experience
- Experience with relational databases and NoSQL environments
- Experience with agile software development processes such as Scrum
- Experience with version control systems (Git is preferred)
- Experience with open-source projects
- Excellent time management skills - deliver on time, within estimated workload, according to scope, and with flexibility when required
- Strong interpersonal skills (assertiveness, not afraid to challenge constructively, fast learner, client oriented, respectful of commitments, etc.)
- Ability to act autonomously, bring structure and organization to work
- Sound problem-solving skills and creative and action-oriented mindset
Who You'll Work With
You'll work with the McKinsey Healthcare Analytics team in New York. Healthcare Analytics is a part of McKinsey Solutions and McKinsey's New Ventures.
Our Healthcare Analytics group leverages a big-data analytics platform that includes 100 terabytes of integrated claim, encounter, clinical, consumer, and other data. The team consists of 100 dedicated experts and 250 affiliated professionals with industry, advanced analytics, statistics, clinical, and software expertise, all of whom work to design, deliver, and operate advanced analytic tools to help healthcare clients around the world.
McKinsey New Ventures fosters innovation driven by analytics, design thinking, mobile and social by developing new products/services and integrating them into our client work. It is helping to shift our model toward asset-based consulting and is a foundation for –and expands our investment in –our entrepreneurial culture. Through innovative software as a service solutions, strategic acquisitions, and a vibrant ecosystem of alliances, we are redefining what it means to work with McKinsey.
As one of the fastest-growing parts of our firm, New Ventures has more than 1,500 dedicated professionals (including more than 800 analysts and data scientists) and we're hiring more mathematicians, data scientists, designers, software engineers, product managers, client development managers and general managers.
What You'll Do
You will design, write, and test analytics apps, solutions and software according to approved design and standards, under the guidance of Data Engineers and Platform Architects.
You'll participate in collaborative team problem solving to help in the definition of products or technology solutions and learn about healthcare system data, payment models and big data infrastructure. You will help bring new technology solutions to McKinsey by creating new and modifying existing software applications. You possess a deep understanding of both front end and back end frameworks. You will work with consultants or internal teams to present front end web apps as well as visualizations to generate dashboards.
Furthermore, you'll get exposure to and will be expected to interact with business users, and you'll also be required to participate in Healthcare Analytics technology training programs, learning, and collaboration.
Meet Some of McKinsey's Employees
Danielle is one of the leaders of McKinsey’s business with retail and consumer clients. She oversees client projects and helps her teams and her clients utilize McKinsey’s resources.
Back to top