Full Stack Developer - Corporate Performance Analytics, McKinsey Solutions
- Undergraduate or master's degree and have 3 to 5 years of work experience after completing your undergraduate degree
- 5+ years history of development in any of the following technologies and opinions on how to use them properly: Python, Ruby on Rails, C#, Java, Scala, Erlang, F#, etc
- Hands on experience building legacy applications in the Cloud
- Previous experience dealing with large data and consumer facing applications
- Experience with relational and non-relational (e.g., PostGres, MongoDB, CouchDB, Cassandra, etc.) data stores
- Expert experience in HTML5/CSS and building mobile, responsive/adaptive applications (e.g., Phonegap, Python, Objective-C, etc.)
- Significant experience writing and utilizing RESTful API services and performance tuning large scale applications
- Proven record of leadership in a work setting and/or through extracurricular activities
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Skills to communicate complex ideas effectively
- Distinctive problem solving skills; can quickly process complex information and present it clearly and simply
- Close attention to detail and ability to produce accurate and timely work
- Willing to travel up to 25% of the time
Who You'll Work With
You'll work with our Corporate Performance Analytics team.
Our Corporate Performance Analytics team (CPAnalytics) covers the entire corporate value chain to enable clients to analyze and manage the true sources of company value. Many client leaders struggle to measure, interpret, and manage their company's true source of value. Corporate Performance Analytics is an integrated financial analytics solution while delivers strategy planning, performance management, and capability building tools. It combines a comprehensive database with McKinsey's corporate finance valuation framework to help clients zoom in on the dimensions that create value for shareholders and the levers that drive their operating performance.
New Ventures is a recently formed part of McKinsey focused on fostering innovations driven by analytics, design thinking, mobile, social and other technologies and integrating them into our client work. It is a foundation for—and expands our investment in—our entrepreneurial culture.
McKinsey Solutions is a core part of New Ventures and offers practical tools that help people at all levels of an organization generate insights they need to address both strategic and day-to-day decisions. These solutions complement McKinsey's traditional client service and are delivered in many ways, including subscriptions, workshops, training programs and project-based engagements. We work closely with clients to embed our tools, analytics and expertise, and provide on-going support to help them build the capabilities they need to revolutionize how decisions are made.
What You'll Do
You will be focused on backend development working on migrations, new tooling projects and an exciting enterprise grade application that has thousands of users.
Our development teams are flexible and employ agile methodologies to quickly provide our consultants with the solutions they need. We combine the latest open source technologies together with traditional Enterprise software products. You will have the freedom to try new ideas, experiment and are expected to be constantly learning and growing. There is also a strong emphasis on mentoring others in the group, enabling them to grow and learn.
Meet Some of McKinsey's Employees
Danielle is one of the leaders of McKinsey’s business with retail and consumer clients. She oversees client projects and helps her teams and her clients utilize McKinsey’s resources.
Back to top