Full Stack Developer
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or similar, advanced degree preferred
- Experience with cloud providers (e.g. AWS, Azure, GCP), containerisation (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes) and modern architecture patterns (e.g. microservices, reactive architectures, event-driven architectures)
- Experience with relational and nonrelational data stores (e.g., MongoDB, CouchDB, Cassandra, etc.)
- Significant experience writing and utilising RESTful API services and performance tuning large scale applications
- Expert experience in HTML5/CSS and building mobile, responsive/adaptive applications
- Playing an active role in the technology community, ie., contributing to open source projects, speaking at conferences, blogging, etc
- Have first-hand experience with Agile development methodologies
- Proven record of leadership in a work setting and/or through extracurricular activities
- Ability to work collaboratively as a team-player in a cross-functional environment
- Skills to communicate complex ideas effectively in German and English
- Willing to travel up to 80% of the time across the globe, specifically Western Europe
Who You'll Work With
You'll be working in Berlin as part of our McKinsey Digital Labs team.
As part of Digital McKinsey you will be a part of a highly collaborative team who are adept at solving complex digital problems. You will be a part of cross-functional units to design, build and deliver new and exciting capabilities for our clients - with the emphasis on creating the foundation for rapid and effective implementation of systems that maximize value from day one.
What You'll Do
As a Full Stack Developer, you will work in small cross-functional teams in a highly collaborative way, use the latest technologies and enjoy seeing the direct impact from your work.
We create both rapid prototypes, usually in 4 to 6 weeks, as well as full-scale applications typically within 3 to 6 months, by working collaboratively and iteratively through design and development to deliver fully functioning web-based and mobile applications that meet business goals. As Full Stack Developer, you will contribute to the architecture across the technology stack, from database to native apps.
Our development teams are small, flexible and employ agile methodologies to quickly provide our consultants with the solutions they need. We combine the latest open source technologies together with traditional Enterprise software products.
See Inside the Office of McKinsey
McKinsey helps clients facing a whole range of business questions to identify, understand, and analyze their options and make good strategic decisions. Whether it’s a tech giant contemplating a large investment, a pharma company expanding overseas, or a nonprofit looking to increase donations, the McKinsey team knows the ins and outs of the industries it serves and helps its clients tackle tough challenges and make big decisions.
Back to top