Full Stack Developer
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or similar, advanced degree preferred with outstanding record of academic achievement
- Passionate about technology and excited about the impact of emerging/disruptive technologies
- 5+ years history of development in any of the following technologies and opinions on how to use them properly: C#, Java, Scala, PHP, Ruby on Rails, Erlang, F#, etc.
- Expert experience in HTML5/CSS and building mobile, responsive/adaptive applications (e.g., Phonegap, Python, Objective-C, etc.)
- Significant experience writing and utilizing RESTful API services and performance tuning large scale applications
- Experience with relational and non-relational (e.g., MongoDB, CouchDB, Cassandra, etc.) data stores
- Have first-hand understanding of Agile development methodologies
- Provide technical excellence (whilst adhering to Agile software engineering practices such as DRY, TDD, CI) and leadership/mentorship
- Demonstrated aptitude for analytics
- Proven record of leadership in a work setting and/or through extracurricular activities
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment and effectively with people at all levels in an organization
- Play an active role in the community, i.e., speaking at conferences, blogging, contributing to open source projects, etc
- Skills to communicate complex ideas effectively
- Willing to travel around Western Europe (up to 75%)
Who You'll Work With
You'll be working in London as part of our McKinsey Digital team.
McKinsey Digital combines unparalleled business knowledge with a world-class agile development process to offer distinctive support for enterprise IT enablement. Our highly skilled system architects and development managers configure software packages and build custom applications, creating the foundation for rapid and cost-effective implementation of systems that maximize value from day one.
What You'll Do
You will work in small teams in a highly collaborative way, use the latest technologies and enjoy seeing the direct impact from your work.
In teams, you will contribute to the architecture across the technology stack, from database to native apps. You will create rapid prototypes, usually in 2 to 3 weeks, as well as full-scale applications (typically within 2 to 3 months), by working collaboratively and iteratively through design and development to deliver fully function web-based and mobile applications that meet business goals.
Our development teams are small, flexible and employ agile methodologies to quickly provide our consultants with the solutions they need. We combine the latest open source technologies together with traditional Enterprise software products.
Back to top