Full Stack Architect
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent area
- 7-10 years of experience in software development
- Experience with building consumer quality products, enabling business capability and objectives through technology
- Infrastructure experience including Docker, Chef, Puppet, AWS, CloudFormation, OpenStack, Consul, Nginx, Mesosphere, Terraform, Atlas, ElasticSearch, Logstash, Kibana Hubot, NewRelic, etc.
- Engineering practice experience such as code refactoring, design patterns, design-driven development, continuous integration, building highly scalable applications, application security
- Knowledge of Agile software development process
- Familiarity with performance metric tools
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment and effectively with people at all levels in an organization
- Skills to communicate complex ideas effectively
- Willingness to travel 80% of the time
Who You'll Work With
You'll work with Digital McKinsey in one of our North American offices. Digital McKinsey brings together the best of McKinsey's digital capabilities to help our clients use digital technology to transform their businesses.
As part of this group, you'll join a global team working on everything from IT modernization and strategy to agile, cloud, cybersecurity, and digital transformation. You'll typically work on projects across all industries and functions and will be fully integrated with the rest of our global firm.
You'll also work with colleagues from across McKinsey & Company to help our clients deliver breakthrough products, experiences, and businesses, both on technology and non-technology topics.
Our office culture is casual, fun and social, with an emphasis on education and innovation. We have the freedom to try new ideas, experiment and are expected to be constantly learning and growing. There is also a strong emphasis on mentoring others in the group, enabling them to grow and learn.
What You'll Do
You will work collaboratively in small teams and iteratively through design and development to deliver fully functioning web-based and mobile applications.
In this role, you will employ agile methodologies to quickly provide our consultants with the solutions they need. You will help combine the latest open source technologies together with traditional Enterprise software products.
As a Full Stack Architect, you will contribute to the architecture across the technology stack, from database to native apps. You will create rapid prototypes, usually in 2 to 3 weeks, as well as full-scale applications, typically within 2 to 3 months.
Meet Some of McKinsey's Employees
Danielle is one of the leaders of McKinsey’s business with retail and consumer clients. She oversees client projects and helps her teams and her clients utilize McKinsey’s resources.
Back to top