- Bachelor's degree; Master's degree is a plus
- Experience with relational and non-relational (e.g., MongoDB, CouchDB, Cassandra, etc.) data stores
- Expert experience in HTML5/CSS and building mobile, responsive/adaptive applications (e.g., Phonegap, Python, Objective-C, etc.)
- Passionate about technology and excited about the impact of emerging/disruptive technologies
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Skills to communicate complex ideas effectively
- Willing to travel up to 80% of the time
Who You'll Work With
You'll work with Digital McKinsey in one of our North American offices. Digital McKinsey brings together the best of McKinsey's digital capabilities to help our clients use digital technology to transform their businesses.
As part of this group, you'll join a global team working on everything from IT modernization and strategy to agile, cloud, cybersecurity, and digital transformation. You'll typically work on projects across all industries and functions and will be fully integrated with the rest of our global firm.
You'll also work with colleagues from across McKinsey & Company to help our clients deliver breakthrough products, experiences, and businesses, both on technology and non-technology topics.
Our office culture is casual, fun and social, with an emphasis on education and innovation. We have the freedom to try new ideas, experiment and are expected to be constantly learning and growing. There is also a strong emphasis on mentoring others in the group, enabling them to grow and learn.
What You'll Do
You will work collaboratively in small teams and iteratively through design and development to deliver fully functioning web-based and mobile applications.
In this role, you will employ agile methodologies to quickly provide our consultants with the solutions they need. You will help combine the latest open source technologies together with traditional Enterprise software products.
As a Front-End Developer, you will contribute to the architecture across the technology stack, from database to native apps. You will create rapid prototypes, usually in 2 to 3 weeks, as well as full-scale applications, typically within 2 to 3 months.
Meet Some of McKinsey's Employees
Danielle is one of the leaders of McKinsey’s business with retail and consumer clients. She oversees client projects and helps her teams and her clients utilize McKinsey’s resources.
Back to top