Financial Analyst - Global Reporting Team, Finance
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in the area of Finance; Advanced degree a plus
- 2 - 4 years of work experience with exposure to various areas of Finance
- Aptitude for analytics
- Strong commitment to excellence and personal and professional growth
- Experience leading, scoping and syndicating projects
- Ability to influence others through well-organized ideas, while making suggestions that are thought provoking
- Experience facilitating planning/budgeting for business units and/or regions
- Committed to fact-based analysis and modeling as a way to solve challenging problems
- Strong competence with Microsoft Excel and working knowledge of Microsoft Access
- Able to structure ambiguous problems in a way that creates clear deliverables and outputs
- Experience in dynamic model building and design a plus
Who You'll Work With
You'll join our Global Reporting Team (GRT) in the North American Knowledge Center located in Waltham, MA, as a Financial Analyst supporting North American (NA) Finance. You will be working closely with both knowledge professionals as well as a team of dedicated Finance professionals who support similar parts of the firm and will help train, mentor and challenge you on a daily basis.
The McKinsey Knowledge Network is unique in the business world. Our global network has 1,800+ knowledge professionals who work alongside our consultants and clients to generate distinctive insights and proprietary knowledge.
The department is responsible for producing many standard monthly reports, growth opportunity identification and prioritization, analysis of pricing, planning and forecasting, analysis of key economic drivers, cost redesign, and action-oriented management analysis, as well as various other high profile special projects senior leadership decision-making.
What You'll Do
You will work with leadership to design new value added reporting and refine existing reporting.
You will identify insights from reports to provide concise synthesis and commentary and you will assist in follow-on adhoc data analysis. You will produce monthly and quarterly financial reporting including variance analysis, operating metrics and office dashboards. You will help prepare financial and statistical reporting for Regional leadership meetings and will participate in annual budget and planning processes. You will provide support to projects that promote the growth of new parts of the firm.
Meet Some of McKinsey's Employees
Danielle is one of the leaders of McKinsey’s business with retail and consumer clients. She oversees client projects and helps her teams and her clients utilize McKinsey’s resources.
Back to top