Finance Manager - Operations Practice
- University degree preferably in the area of business or finance; MBA preferred
- 5-10 years of experience in a similar role, ideally qualified in finance and accounting (e.g. MBA/CA/CPA)
- Strong finance skills; the ability to own and execute finance related activities with speed, accuracy, and efficiency; and an uncompromising commitment to quality
- Ability to model, project and report business economics
- Strong communication skills; fluency in English (written and verbal)
- Leadership skills to effectively manage and develop a team of analysts
- Non-hierarchical, with a high tolerance for ambiguity, an open, collaborative professional who is enthusiastic to work in a hands-on informal team environment
- Strong integrity, maturity and ability to adhere to the highest professional standards
Who You'll Work With
You will work in our Düsseldorf office with our finance leader for the Functional Practices and Growth Platforms. You will lead the finance function with a particular focus on the Operations Practice in EMEA and Asia.
Functional Practices foster knowledge development and innovation driven by deep functional expertise, analytics, design thinking, by developing new products/services and integrating them into our client work. It is helping to shift our model toward expertise and asset based consulting and is a foundation for – and expands our investment in – our entrepreneurial culture. Through innovative service offerings, strategic acquisitions, and a vibrant ecosystem of alliances, we are redefining what it means to work with McKinsey.
What You'll Do
You will work with global finance leader in the structuring and implementation of a robust performance management construct.
You will conduct informative analyses and ensure practice initiatives are aligned with regional priorities. Examples of this may include scorecards, performance dialogue support and developing new economic models for our new service offerings.
You will proactively work with leadership to structure and implement new and creative solutions to bring normative approaches to operational support, launch new service constructs (e.g.- Advanced Analytics), etc. You will play prominent role in leading efforts to push performance management into an integrated model across the Operations Practice and Growth Platforms.
When it comes to people leadership, you will be responsible for management and development of finance analysts in different regions. You will ensure that there is an appropriate development and evaluation process for finance staff and work to create an environment where we can attract, develop and retain exceptional talent.
Meet Some of McKinsey's Employees
Danielle is one of the leaders of McKinsey’s business with retail and consumer clients. She oversees client projects and helps her teams and her clients utilize McKinsey’s resources.
Back to top