External Relations Coordinator
- University degree preferably in the field of social sciences, communications or business
- 3 - 5 years of experience in communications, public relations, media and events management in a professional services environment strongly preferred
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Strong events management skills and a track record of successfully executing complicated programs with speed, accuracy, and efficiency
- Superior editing, writing, and critical reasoning skills
- Strong interest and curiosity on issues that matter to business and government in Southeast Asia
- Self–motivated with an appetite for working independently and being functionally effective within a fast-paced professional services environment
- Exemplary networking and influencing skills, with a track record of working effectively and forming peer–level relationships with senior members of an organization
- Flexible and able to manage conflicting demands; possess a positive attitude
- Uncompromising commitment to quality
Who You'll Work WithYou will join the Communications team in our Kuala Lumpur office. You will work closely with the Head of External Relations for Southeast Asia, based in Singapore, as well as with external relations colleagues globally.
What You'll Do
You will help to build McKinsey's reputation in Southeast Asia by defining and executing appropriate strategic communications objectives and strategies, focusing on our offices in Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand and Vietnam.
You will do this by supporting the efforts of our External Relations team on targeted reputation building programs including forums, roundtable meetings, targeted media outreach, content and editorial development and external conferences. You will track and record media coverage of relevance and perform analysis of media trends. You'll also support partners with media opportunities and build relationships with journalists.
You'll disseminate content and pitch thought leadership to the press. You will manage events by assisting with preparations, including liaison with venues, speakers, managing invitations and RSVP lists. Additionally, you'll provide on-the-ground support.
You will assist with mapping and maintaining the database of key policy-makers, senior executives, academics, and editors/journalists for Southeast Asia and specific industry sectors. You will drive outreach programs to the respective audiences. You will design and execute various activities including networking events and other ad hoc projects for alumni engagement. You will also manage social and digital media by working with regional and global colleagues on developing and executing the firm's digital and social media strategies in Southeast Asia including individual country sites for mckinsey.com and other social media platforms.
You will develop a range of materials for internal and external communications, including messaging, newsletters, articles for the intranet, media releases, reports and whitepapers.
Meet Some of McKinsey's Employees
Danielle is one of the leaders of McKinsey’s business with retail and consumer clients. She oversees client projects and helps her teams and her clients utilize McKinsey’s resources.
Back to top