Expert/Manager - Corporate Performance Management - Digital McKinsey
- Bachelor's degree
- 5+ years of experience leading / managing delivery teams and implementations projects
- 2+ years of experience with developing and configuring CPM tools like Anaplan, Adaptive Insights, TM1, Hyperion, BPC, etc.
- Management consulting or professional services experience is preferred, as is global experience
- Tool certifications preferred: Anaplan, Hyperion, Alteryx, Tableau, Qlik
- Experience with Agile/Scrum delivery methodology, data analysis and clean-up
- Experience in operations, digital collaboration, digital process redesign, agile methodologies, change management and/or program management are all highly desirable
- Ability to operate independently in a highly entrepreneurial environment
- Capable of working side-by-side with strategic consultants, leveraging and learning best practices in client service, issue synthesis and problem resolution
- Proven track record of applying expertise to deliver business impact
- Experience with solving challenges across technologies
- Fluent in English (verbal and written); Additional languages are a strong plus
Who You'll Work With
You'll work in one of our office in North America as part of Digital McKinsey. Digital McKinsey brings together the best of McKinsey's digital capabilities to help our clients use digital technology to transform their businesses.
As part of this group, you'll join a global team working on everything from IT modernization and strategy to agile, cloud, cybersecurity, and digital transformation. You'll typically work on projects across all industries and functions and will be fully integrated with the rest of our global firm.
You'll also work with colleagues from across McKinsey & Company to help our clients deliver breakthrough products, experiences, and businesses, both on technology and non-technology topics.
The Corporate Performance Management (CPM) service line operates under the charter to translate McKinsey best-in-class CPM strategy through to the tech layer. We work with the McKinsey client service teams to understand the business strategy and to architect and provide the configuration that best executes the processes and requirements to deliver the highest impact for the client.
Our office culture is casual, fun and social, with an emphasis on education and innovation. We have the freedom to try new ideas, experiment and are expected to be constantly learning and growing. There is also a strong emphasis on mentoring others in the group, enabling them to grow and learn.
What You'll Do
You will leverage agile CPM technologies to accelerate and increase the impact of performance management-related client engagements.
Working in collaboration with consultants across the firm, you will help translate strategic and operational concepts into value-realizing prototypes and solutions. You will provide deep solution and implementation expertise, stretch the boundaries of technical constraints and bring experience and creativity to solve CPM problems in novel ways. At times you will work directly with clients or as an extension to our traditional consulting offerings. Other times you will focus on building internal assets, accelerators and CPM solutions packaged with McKinsey intellectual property (IP).
You will participate in team building by delivering prototypes, templates and pilot solutions to help clients step change improvement in the effectiveness and efficiency of their CPM functions and operations. You will work with clients to synthesize problem statements into design requirements, deliverables and milestones, ensuring highest potential impact delivery, within time and budget parameters
Additionally, you will define end-state processes and organizational models needed to support any tool deployment and work plan to get there, and provide content expertise, project management skills, and change management experience to operationalize initiatives focused on the deployment of digital tools or platforms. You'll also architect holistic CPM solutions including design, build, data loads/integrations, including how it should interact within the surrounding landscape.
Finally, you will evangelize and demonstrate across the firm how CPM technologies can be leveraged.
See Inside the Office of McKinsey
McKinsey helps clients facing a whole range of business questions to identify, understand, and analyze their options and make good strategic decisions. Whether it’s a tech giant contemplating a large investment, a pharma company expanding overseas, or a nonprofit looking to increase donations, the McKinsey team knows the ins and outs of the industries it serves and helps its clients tackle tough challenges and make big decisions.
Back to top