Expert - Product Development
- Bachelor's in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or Material Science, advanced degree MBA or MS ME/Ph.D is considered a plus
- Minimum 15 years' experience in a series of progressively senior product development roles
- Outstanding record of academic achievement
- Demonstrated aptitude for analytics
- Proven record of leadership in a work setting and/or through extracurricular activities
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Ability to work effectively with people at all levels in an organization
- Skills to communicate complex ideas effectively
- Comfortable with extensive travel (greater than 80 percent)
- Fluency in English and a local Asian language, Mandarin being a huge asset
Who You'll Work With
You'll be working with McKinsey's Operations practice in one of our offices in Greater China (Beijing, Hong Kong, Shanghai, Shenzhen, and Taipei). Our Operations practice assists our clients in solving complex operational challenges. Blending strategic thinking with hands-on practicality, our teams of consultants and experts work to develop and implement operational strategies that solve our clients' most critical problems.
McKinsey's Product Development Service Line is committed to helping clients develop products that fit market needs, produce attractive margins, provide platforms for add-on offerings, and enhance the reputation of brands for future business growth. Our work in product development includes developing, defining, and implementing strategies that help clients make lasting improvements to their innovation and business performance.
What You'll Do
You will work with clients on location as either a dedicated team member or as an internal consultant to McKinsey teams.
You would provide expertise on a range of Product Development improvement topics including performance transformation, portfolio and product strategy, product line strategy, design-to-value, time-to-market excellence, and development productivity.
In addition to client work, you will contribute toward practice leadership by advancing and disseminating McKinsey's product development knowledge base, and building and cultivating our network of practitioners.
Meet Some of McKinsey's Employees
Danielle is one of the leaders of McKinsey’s business with retail and consumer clients. She oversees client projects and helps her teams and her clients utilize McKinsey’s resources.
Back to top