Expert - Petrochemicals
- 5+ experience in the petrochemicals industry segment (e.g., marketing and sales, strategy and business development, capital projects, or operations)
- Experience gained by working at a petrochemicals company or petrochemicals division of an integrated chemical or energy company, and/or potentially professional services firm
- Demonstrated evidence of sound business insight
- Demonstrated evidence of success in your particular area of study, and a strong academic record
- Doctoral and advanced degree candidates in chemical engineering, chemistry, material science or related disciplines are welcome to apply
Who You'll Work With
You will join one of our offices in Western Europe - likely Germany or Benelux locations - as part of our Global Chemicals Practice.
McKinsey & Company has set the standards of excellence in top management consulting for more than 80 years. Our Global Chemicals Practice tackles the key strategic, organizational, operational and technological challenges faced by our clients. You will work on stimulating professional challenges with dedicated teams. In addition to a competitive salary and an attractive benefits package, we offer many opportunities for personal and professional development.
What You'll Do
Working with the top management of the world's major chemical companies, you will work as a team member for specific client studies with direct contact to key members of client organization.
Either focusing exclusively on one study full-time or applying your expertise across multiple studies simultaneously, you'll support client service teams at various stages. This may include providing an industry overview and helping with issue identification, or advising on practicalities of implementation. You'll also provide analytical support to teams, through the development and application of our proprietary petroleum models.
You'll participate in client development for both current and new clients (e.g., meetings/workshops on topics of interest), and you'll write proposals for new client engagements. Additionally, you'll participate in or lead key internal knowledge-building initiatives and contribute to practice conferences and workshops.
Meet Some of McKinsey's Employees
Danielle is one of the leaders of McKinsey’s business with retail and consumer clients. She oversees client projects and helps her teams and her clients utilize McKinsey’s resources.
Back to top