Expert - Lean Operations
- 15+ years of industry and/or consulting experience that includes a progressive career trajectory
- Outstanding professional achievement and distinctive impact
- Led at least one large scale Lean Transformation across functions at the enterprise level; ideally across service functions and/or in service industry
- Best in class continuous improvement experience; e.g., Toyota Production System, Shingo Prize, Master Black Belt, etc.
- Demonstrated track record developing and building a Lean/continuous improvement program
- Deep expertise in developing, coaching and mentoring leaders at all levels (from board room to shop floor)
- Experience leading a Lean program in service industries such as banking, insurance, etc.
- Excellent critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Proven ability to influence others
- Effectively able to collaborate and work in teams
- Resourceful, responsible, tenacious, independent and self-confident
- Willingness to travel up to 80%
Who You'll Work With
At McKinsey, you can build a career out of making things happen! You'll work in one of our North America offices as part of the Operations practice. As a member of McKinsey's global Operations Practice you will be responsible for blending strategic thinking with hands-on implementation, advising on developing and defining operational strategies to help our clients in solving the world's toughest problems.
Service Operations is a rapidly growing service line with deep expertise in operations within service industries and service functions such as sales, business support functions and customer care. Blending strategic thinking with hands-on practicality, our team of consultants and experts work to develop and implement strategies that solve our clients' most critical problems on a global scale. Our team acts as the trusted advisor to senior leaders and help change mindsets and model behaviors while guiding an organization and its leaders through change and implementation to achieve sustainability of their programs.
What You'll Do
You will work in teams to collaborate as thought leaders in the application of continuous improvement and Lean techniques across service industries and functions at an enterprise level.
You will guide organizations through a lean journey by applying your expertise to ensure successful implementation and sustainability of our client's Lean Transformations including creating short and long-term capability-building plans for all relevant levels of client leadership, with anticipated deliverables, outcomes, and required resources. You'll apply your experience leading Lean transformations and capability-building in the context of the overall wave/project/continuous improvement effort and you'll introduce new frameworks, tools, or ways of using existing material.
You will make a meaningful, hands-on contribution and have the opportunity to identify clients for beta testing along with participating in codifying and disseminating new knowledge in articles and white papers. You'll also contribute regularly to curriculum and leadership of multi-client programs and you'll focus on developing full-time McKinsey team members and clients to be effective problem solvers and front-line coaches.
In this exciting collaborative culture, not only will you have the opportunity to work directly with clients, you will also share your expertise and insights with colleagues globally, thereby expanding our knowledge and refining our approaches in the field of service operations.
See Inside the Office of McKinsey
McKinsey helps clients facing a whole range of business questions to identify, understand, and analyze their options and make good strategic decisions. Whether it’s a tech giant contemplating a large investment, a pharma company expanding overseas, or a nonprofit looking to increase donations, the McKinsey team knows the ins and outs of the industries it serves and helps its clients tackle tough challenges and make big decisions.
Back to top