Expert – Healthcare Systems & Services
- Undergraduate degree required; M.B.A. or other professional degree beneficial
- At least 5-8 years of experience within a healthcare organization
- Extensive knowledge of industry/functional content, client ecosystem (e.g., key players, competitive landscape) and client development approaches
- Excellent entrepreneurial capabilities; demonstrated experience with client development or comparable form of opportunity creation
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to quickly develop good working relationships and ability to work effectively with leadership
- Proven leadership record in building and leading small to mid-sized teams (at least 5-6 members)
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to communicate complex ideas effectively
- Strong analytical problem solving
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Proficiency with excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to adhere to the highest process standards and stand firm on decisions
- Strong integrity, maturity and fairness in dealing with people and confidential information
- Fluency in English and Dutch required
Who You'll Work With
Based in Amsterdam, you will part of our Healthcare Systems and Services (HSS) Practice and will report to our HSS Western Europe Leader, Partner and Senior Partner.
Our HSS practice forms a core element of the ongoing strategies of the UK & Ireland, German, and Northern Offices. We serve a wide range of clients, primarily across national public health systems – ranging from central policy and regulation organisations to regional and local healthcare authorities and major hospitals.
We feel privileged to be involved with our clients in shaping Europe's healthcare systems, enabling them to provide better-quality healthcare, which is also sustainable and affordable for the people of Europe. We contribute to saving and improving thousands of lives, and save the taxpayer hundreds of millions of pounds, every year.
What You'll Do
You'll focus on growing our Healthcare Systems and Services client work in the Netherlands and Belgium, working at the heart of the dynamic and successful Western European Healthcare Systems and Services Practice (HSS WE).
You'll be responsible for identifying and pursuing tangible and sizeable opportunities to have significant client impact. This includes leading the full process from identifying and qualifying ideas (including monitoring upcoming tenders), shaping and executing on client development plans and developing high quality proposal materials. Developing these opportunities will be incorporated in the broader context of our client service teams and in close collaboration with McKinsey Partners and other colleagues.
You'll have the opportunity to broaden and deepen McKinsey's existing and new client relationships with a clear focus on a) developing counselling relationships with key decision makers with whom the firm can achieve meaningful impact, and b) raising our overall stature and ability to shape the healthcare sector agenda. Additionally, you'll support client service teams and working teams in delivering client impact at ongoing studies in the Netherlands and Belgium, where relevant, through providing thought- and client leadership.
You'll proactively contribute to our knowledge agenda in relevant areas (e.g. hospital transformation at scale, eHealth), which may include leading client focused reach and relevance activities such as external events and publications. Furthermore, you'll contribute to attracting and developing top talent to our healthcare work, both from within McKinsey and externally.
Back to top