Expert - Digital Manufacturing
- University degree and excellent academic record required; advanced degree preferred
- 6+ years business experience in progressively senior manufacturing roles within a variety of industries including automotive, aerospace, consumer goods, high tech, medical, or industrial
- Leadership experience in digital strategy deployment and use of automation in world class production facilities
- Knowledge required of computer-integrated manufacturing (CIM), design for manufacturability (DFM), flexible manufacturing, and lean manufacturing, with a focus on building a collaborative product and process design
- Experience developing and deploying tools necessary for business unit designers to design 3D items for printing
- Track record of achieving time-to-market and volume improvements by creating factory models faster as they operate under optimal layout, material flow and throughput.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and apply information-driven analytic approaches to solve critical business questions in a practical manner with tangible results
- Passion for collaborating with, and driving knowledge through, the broader value chain, including purchasing, R&D and transportation/distribution
- Have a sophisticated executive demeanor, comfortable functioning at all levels of client organizations
- Exceptional analytical and quantitative problem-solving skills
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Ability to communicate complex ideas effectively – both verbally and in writing – in English and the local office language(s)
- Willingness to travel
Who You'll Work With
You'll work with McKinsey's Operations practice in either Atlanta, Chicago, Cleveland, Dallas, Detroit, Miami, Stamford (CT), Summit (NJ), Toronto, or Washington, D.C.
Our Operations practice assists our clients in solving complex operational challenges. Blending strategic thinking with hands-on practicality, our teams of consultants and experts work to develop and implement operational strategies that solve our clients' most critical problems.
What You'll Do
You will help clients think through how to adapt their operations in response to the continuing growth of advanced manufacturing technologies, including digital manufacturing.
You'll leverage your deep knowledge and expertise in the application of advanced manufacturing technology, including digital and big data, to improve end-to-end operations from product development to manufacturing to service.
As part of an international network, you'll focus on integrating insights from internal and external leaders as well as developing world-class knowledge across the digital manufacturing space. In addition, you'll assist our client teams in developing strategies and technology roadmaps in order to implement processes and operating systems in support of applying digital manufacturing.
Additionally, you will consult to senior individuals at client organizations as well as existing client service teams on driving transformational change around digital manufacturing theory and processes.
Back to top