Expert Associate Principal/Partner
Who You'll Work With
You will be based in our Brussels office as part of the McKinsey Regulatory Center (MRC) which has recently been launched by McKinsey. This new competence center in Brussels has deep knowledge and a global network of experts that are dedicated to help our clients on merger clearance, state aid cases and anti-trust (such as allegations of abuse of dominant positions or predatory pricing). They come from various backgrounds (e.g. competition lawyers, European Commission).
What You'll Do
You'll leverage your successful track record of high-impact client service to strengthen and expand our impact through projects and client development within the MRC scope of topics, possibly in 1-2 particular industries.
You will consult to existing client service teams as well as top managers at client organizations, and with your sound expertise you'll provide leadership and direction. Within the firm, you'll be an entrepreneur who reinvents McKinsey, opens up new opportunities for client impact and contributes actively to the build and expansion of the global McKinsey Regulatory Center. You'll be a mentor and an advisor to developing consultants.
Additionally, as a member of McKinsey's global network, you will integrate insights from internal and external specialists as well as develop world-class knowledge. You will be an important source of intellectual insight on a client project, framing business problems in a way that the team can then execute to drive impact and client value.
You will be responsible for identifying and developing new client opportunities to advise companies on transformational change and capability building, leading confirmed project teams on day-to-day problem solving, team management, and client management, and bringing in deep functional knowledge, expertise, and proprietary tools to every client situation.
You'll manage and develop strategic client relationships while ensuring the highest quality client work and be an inspiring leader who commits time to developing new consulting staff.
- Advanced degree required, LLM or Master's degree in a relevant field
- Associate Partner/Partner level (or equivalent title) experience at a top law firm in the Antitrust or M&A practice or a top economic consultancy firm preferred
- 8+ years of work experience after graduate school, with a distinctive record of professional achievement and impact
- Proven track record of developing new client relationships and generating business development opportunities that leads to successful client engagements
- Experience leading cross-functional teams, and in-depth of knowledge/defined involvement in helping frame, design and execute solutions for challenging business situations
- Team-orientation and collaborative approach; outstanding listening skills and the ability to manage through influence
- Proven thought leadership within your industry on competition, regulation or antitrust topics including production, syndication/publication of "marketable" knowledge
- Exceptional intellectual and analytical curiosity, a creative visionary who can manage innovation
- Executive demeanor, comfortable functioning at the highest levels of client organizations; excellent presentation skills, including strong verbal and writing capabilities
- Seasoned leader/director with strong entrepreneurial drive, who thrives on intellectual challenge and "raises the bar" in terms of client service delivery
Who You'll Work With
What You'll Do
Meet Some of McKinsey's Employees
Danielle is one of the leaders of McKinsey’s business with retail and consumer clients. She oversees client projects and helps her teams and her clients utilize McKinsey’s resources.
Back to top