Experienced Consultant - Supply Chain Management
- Advanced graduate degree preferred (e.g., MBA)
- 5 to 10 years of Supply Chain Management and/or Consulting experience preferably in Automotive, IT/High-tech, Industrial/Consumer Goods, Retail or General Merchandising Store (GMS) and Logistics Services sector
- Led/played core role in projects in one of the following areas: design and implementation of logistics strategy, network design and optimization, transportation, warehouse design and optimization, supply chain planning and management processes, supply chain modelling and optimization, supply chain software
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Skills to communicate complex ideas effectively
Who You'll Work With
You'll be working with McKinsey's Operations practice in one of our offices within Asia. Our Operations practice assists our clients in solving complex operational challenges. Blending strategic thinking with hands-on practicality, our teams of consultants and experts work to develop and implement operational strategies that solve our clients' most critical problems.
Our Supply Chain Management service line is part of our Operations Practice and helps leading companies in all industries develop and implement future-oriented logistics strategies. We do this by making significant improvements in customer service while reducing invested capital and cost by transforming and optimizing their supply chains from end to end.
What You'll Do
You will work in teams with our clients to define new organizational structures, roles and processes across global supply chain/network organizations.
This includes gathering and analyzing information, formulating and testing hypotheses, and developing recommendations for presentation to client management. From there, you will implement those recommendations with client team members.
Typical projects may involve: upgrading line and staff skills, changing the structure of reporting relationships, developing improved processes and procedures, and instituting rigorous target-setting and performance-monitoring systems. You will work with the client to realize immediate savings by building and executing network strategies and rationalize operational assets and networks to achieve higher levels of effectiveness and efficiencies.
You'll also gain new skills and build on the strengths you bring to the firm. Consultants receive exceptional training as well as frequent coaching and mentoring from colleagues on their teams.
Meet Some of McKinsey's Employees
Danielle is one of the leaders of McKinsey’s business with retail and consumer clients. She oversees client projects and helps her teams and her clients utilize McKinsey’s resources.
Back to top