Experienced Consultant - Risk Management
Ideal candidates will possess:
- 5+ years' experience in risk management in a consultancy (with risk focus) and/or comparable experience in banking, insurance, or corporate finance with significant exposure to risk and a project management track record in implementing business strategies in credit risk area
- Outstanding quantitative, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proven ability to lead teams, motivate others, communicate complex ideas clearly, gain the respect of clients and colleagues, and work collaboratively
- Deep expertise in transformation of risk organizations, major change programs around risk-model architecture, and the changing controls environment. Strong practical implementation skills
- A university degree and top marks
- Proficiency in both English and Chinese
Who You'll Work WithMcKinsey & Company is a global management consulting firm, deeply committed to helping institutions in the private, public and social sectors achieve lasting success. For over eight decades, our primary objective has been to serve as our clients' most trusted external advisor. With consultants in more than 100 offices in over 60 countries, we bring unparalleled expertise to clients anywhere in the world.
What You'll Do
In this consulting role, Risk Consultants will:
- Serve as thought partners on client engagements by engaging in problem solving and discussion around topics related to risk with McKinsey consultants and clients
- Assist client teams in understanding and quantifying risk exposures, evaluating risk strategies, and building and maintaining risk models by being staffed full-time on one engagement or providing ad-hoc assistance to several engagements
- Contribute to knowledge development by helping define and expand distinctive risk-based methodologies to support top management-level strategic decisions
Once you have developed these strategies in the risk management area, you will work in a team with your colleagues and with clients from a variety of economic sectors to implement and roll them out. You will be responsible for implementing and managing the individual steps involved in implementation at all hierarchical levels. In addition, you will create your own and improve upon McKinsey's methods for implementation together with consultants from around the world as well as continually build your knowledge and contribute to the firm's know-how. These contributions will include your experience to date as well as your creative ideas.
Meet Some of McKinsey's Employees
Danielle is one of the leaders of McKinsey’s business with retail and consumer clients. She oversees client projects and helps her teams and her clients utilize McKinsey’s resources.
Back to top