Experienced Consultant, Procurement - Bangkok
- Must have work authorization to work in Bangkok
- Bachelors degree required, ideally in engineering field; advanced degree in related fields or an MBA is preferred
- 6+ years of global purchasing experience for large organizations, preferably in Automotive, IT/High-Tech, Industrial/Consumer Goods, or Retail sector
- Strong foundational knowledge of purchasing and strategic sourcing principles such as TCO, supplier collaboration, design to cost, risk management, price leverage, organizational design, global sourcing, etc.
- Experience assessing and driving transformational improvements across purchasing and sourcing organizations; experience in business strategy planning a plus
- Proven leader with the ability to inspire others, build strong relationships, and create a true followership
- Collaborative team player, capable of working well with others, but also autonomously with little direction
- Superior analytical, quantitative and conceptual thinking
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Entrepreneurial and result-driven achiever
- Fluent English and Thai
Who You'll Work With
You'll work in one of our offices in Southeast Asia as part of our Operations practice and specifically the Purchasing & Supply Management service line.
Our Operations practice assists our clients in solving complex operational challenges. Blending strategic thinking with hands-on practicality, our teams of consultants and experts work to develop and implement operational strategies that solve our clients' most critical problems.
McKinsey's Purchasing & Supply Management Service Line is committed to helping clients transform their purchasing and supply management organizations as well as in operational problem-solving across the business enterprise. This often involves fundamentally changing the corporate organization and culture to embrace lasting change. Our teams mobilize the client by engaging with client teams led by their senior management and staffed by their top talent aggressively to pursue operational improvement.
What You'll Do
You will work with colleagues and client staff from a wide range of business areas across the world to develop purchasing strategies.
You will make an important contribution to the analysis, design, and implementation of business performance approaches, developing tailor-made solutions and working closely with clients to ensure positive impact and sustainable results. This includes gathering and analyzing information, formulating and testing hypotheses, and developing recommendations for presentation to client management. From there, you will implement those recommendations with client team members.
In addition, you will work in cooperation with our worldwide network of consultants to shape McKinsey's thinking in this area, continuously developing your own knowledge, as well as that of the firm. You'll also gain new skills and build on the strengths you bring to the firm. Consultants receive exceptional training as well as frequent coaching and mentoring from colleagues on their teams.
Meet Some of McKinsey's Employees
Danielle is one of the leaders of McKinsey’s business with retail and consumer clients. She oversees client projects and helps her teams and her clients utilize McKinsey’s resources.
Back to top