Experienced Consultant - Manufacturing
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering (ideal), advanced degree preferred or MBA is preferred
- 5 to 10 years of hands-on experience in a high-performance manufacturing environment
- Solid knowledge in system-level lean transformation tools and techniques rooted in the Toyota Production System, e.g., Kaizen methods, TP, TQM, policy deployment, JIT, Kanban, Hoshin, SMED, 5S, Poka Yoke
- Comprehensive understanding of issues related to production system improvement, reliability centered maintenance, and the applications of Kaizen gained from world-class lean manufacturing organizations
- Demonstrated aptitude for analytics
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Ability to work effectively with people at all levels in an organization
- Skills to communicate complex ideas effectively
Who You'll Work With
You'll be working with McKinsey's Operations practice in Australia. Our Operations practice assists our clients in solving complex operational challenges. Blending strategic thinking with hands-on practicality, our teams of consultants and experts work to develop and implement operational strategies that solve our clients' most critical problems.
McKinsey's Manufacturing Service Line is committed to helping clients align manufacturing strategy to overall business strategy and design and execute manufacturing transformations. Our services in lean transformation are becoming an increasingly necessary requirement for clients in manufacturing sectors as well as non-traditional Lean areas such as process (energy, basic materials) and service (banking, retailing, airlines) industries.
What You'll Do
You'll work with colleagues and clients to build best practices of lean transformation, from shop floor improvements to fundamental changes in work processes and information and material flows.
You will have the opportunity to design operating and production systems; to drive and support implementation of lean improvement activities on the shop floor and along the value stream; to improve the energy efficiency of manufacturing operations; to build and enhance quality systems; to build lean manufacturing capabilities in client organizations; and to optimize global networks of manufacturing facilities.
This includes gathering and analyzing information, formulating and testing hypotheses, and developing recommendations for presentation to client management. From there, you will implement those recommendations with client team members.
In addition, you will work in cooperation with our worldwide network of consultants to shape McKinsey's thinking in this area, continuously developing your own knowledge, as well as that of the Firm.
Meet Some of McKinsey's Employees
Danielle is one of the leaders of McKinsey’s business with retail and consumer clients. She oversees client projects and helps her teams and her clients utilize McKinsey’s resources.
Back to top