Experienced Consultant - Banking & Financial Services
- 4-8 years of highly relevant experience in the Banking & Financial Services industries, preferably including 1-3 years in a leadership role within the business
- Solid functional knowledge, including but not limited to strategy, business development, manufacturing, supply chain, product development, project management, marketing and sales, etc.
- Strong quantitative, analytical and conceptual problem-solving skills combined with outstanding business acumen
- Proven ability to lead teams, motivate others, communicate complex ideas clearly, gain the respect of clients and colleagues, and work collaboratively
- Bachelor's degree from a top-tier university with consistent outstanding academic record; Advanced degree or MBA is preferred
- Fluency in English and Mandarin is a must
Who You'll Work WithMcKinsey & Company is a global management consulting firm, deeply committed to helping institutions in the private, public and social sectors achieve lasting success. For over eight decades, our primary objective has been to serve as our clients' most trusted external advisor. With consultants in more than 100 offices in over 60 countries, we bring unparalleled expertise to clients anywhere in the world. We are now seeking candidates with 4-8 years' experience from Consumer & Small Business Banking, Corporate & Investment Banking, Insurance, Wealth & Asset Management and other financial services industries to join as Experienced Consultants.
What You'll Do
Experienced consultants are key members of the teams working with our clients on their most important issues. Our projects cover a wide range of topics, from strategy to operations. The experienced consultants with Banking Financial Services background will predominantly focus on engagements in Commercial Banking, Investment Banking, Insurance, Asset Management and other financial services sector. In a typical engagement, an experienced consultant owns a workstream to deliver the end recommendation with help from the McKinsey leadership.
The Experienced Consultants can be based in any of Greater China offices (Beijing, Shanghai, Shenzhen, Hong Kong, Taipei) and should be aware that a good deal of the work week will be spent travelling to and working on client sites.
Typical activities of an experienced consultant involve:
- Performing analysis of the particular problems as defined for the workstream – identifying and prioritizing issues for further analysis, and synthesizing the insights from the analyses
- Developing recommendations based on the synthesis, and create plans to implement the recommendation
- Proven leader with the ability to inspire others, build strong relationships, and create a true followership
- Collaborative team player, capable of working well with others, but also autonomously with little direction
- Superior analytical, quantitative and conceptual thinking
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Entrepreneurial and result-driven achiever
Back to top