- Bachelor's degree from a top-tier university with consistent outstanding academic record; advanced degree or MBA is preferred
- 4-8 years of experience from leading companies, preferably including 1-3 years in a leadership role within the business
- Solid functional knowledge, including but not limited to strategy, business development, manufacturing, supply chain, product development, project management, marketing and sales, etc.
- Strong quantitative, analytical and conceptual problem-solving skills combined with outstanding business acumen
- Proven ability to lead teams, motivate others, communicate complex ideas clearly, gain the respect of clients and colleagues, and work collaboratively
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Entrepreneurial and results-driven achiever
- Fluency in English, Mandarin and Cantonese is required
Who You'll Work With
You'll work in our Hong Kong office as an Experienced Consultant.
Consultants join our global offices and practices in locations around the world to work in teams and directly with our clients. When you join McKinsey as an Associate, you are joining a firm that will challenge you and invest heavily in your professional development. In this role you will have the opportunity to work on teams and help the best organizations in the world –across the private, public, and social sectors –solve some of their most difficult problems.
McKinsey & Company is a global management consulting firm, deeply committed to helping institutions in the private, public and social sectors achieve lasting success. For over eight decades, our primary objective has been to serve as our clients' most trusted external advisor. With consultants in more than 100 offices in over 60 countries, we bring unparalleled expertise to clients anywhere in the world.
What You'll Do
Experienced consultants are key members of the project teams working with our clients on their most important issues.
Our projects cover a wide range of topics, from strategy to operations. In a typical engagement, an experienced consultant owns a work stream to deliver the end recommendation with help from our senior leadership. Typical activities of an experienced consultant involve performing analysis of the particular problems as defined for the work stream, including identifying and prioritizing issues for further analysis, synthesizing the insights from the analyses, developing recommendations based on the synthesis, and creating plans to implement the recommendations.
You'll have the opportunity to apply your skills as a proven leader with the ability to inspire others, to build strong relationships, and create a true followership. You will be based in Hong Kong and should be aware that a good deal of the work week will be spent travelling to and working on client sites.
Back to top