Experience Design Director - Digital McKinsey
- Minimum of 12+ years as a principal-level designer or other similar title
- Relevant industry experience designing applications, experiences, websites, products and services that balance user needs, business objectives and technological constraints
- Undergraduate degree in Interaction Design, Interface Design, Human Computer Interaction, Service Design, (Graphic) Design with emphasis on UX or equivalent qualification
- Holistic and human centered approach to product and service design, from research and insight generation to concept to deliverable
- Experience owning a project vision, execution, quality and client relationship
- Interaction and Visual design skills, including use of a diverse set of software such as Adobe CS, Sketch, OmniGraffle, as well as good experience with MS Office
- Strong influencing, negotiation and communication skills (written, verbal, presentation) with the ability to be a thought partner/ coach to clients and internal team
- Experience leading designers and other members of a cross-functional team with a proven track record building and managing world-class design teams
- Able to function, adapt and succeed in a constantly changing, fast paced environment
- Positive attitude and motivation to deliver and ensure highest quality Deliverables
- Able to respond positively and calmly to shifting priorities, demands and timelines
- Familiarity with Agile software development processes and methodologies
- Knowledge of web-based technologies and their impact on the feasibility of design solutions
- Strong command of English language (both verbal and written)
- Keen to seek out opportunities to promote the design practice internally and externally, being an excellent presenter
- Willingness to travel to client sites approximately 90% of your time
Who You'll Work With
You'll join our Bogota office as part of Digital McKinsey.
Digital McKinsey combines user-centered design with unparalleled business knowledge and world-class agile development skills to deliver impactful digital experiences. Our highly-skilled designers, digital engagement managers and agile developers deliver service concepts, experiential prototypes and go-to-market products to transform clients' businesses.
Our office culture is casual, fun and social, with an emphasis on education and innovation. We have the freedom to try new ideas, experiment and are expected to be constantly learning and growing. There is also a strong emphasis on mentoring others in the group, enabling them to grow and learn. You will have exciting career prospects within an international company that is still considered a start-up, yet was created by a trusted advisor of some of the most influential organizations in the world. You will work on challenging tasks in an innovative state-of-the-art technological environment in small teams of highly motivated colleagues with various cultural backgrounds.
What You'll Do
You will help foster and facilitate the conversation around design and design thinking within McKinsey and throughout the broader community.
You will be part of a blended cross-functional team and tackle all aspects of the design process. As a leader you will help inform the design process, and push the envelope of where design and business meet to deliver compelling design solutions for our clients and users. You'll inspire innovative approaches to design, using creative facilitation techniques and taking the lead at client meetings, internal company workshops, concept sprints and external design events.
Additionally, you'll be responsible for the overall quality of design output and its contribution to project objectives, actively collaborating with McKinsey consultants and development leads to engage clients throughout the project. Manage and oversee the delivery of a range of projects, defining project scope, goals, milestones and deliverables in collaboration with key stakeholders. Finally, demonstrate a drive to creatively solve problems while never losing sight of the importance to also have fun and are expected to play an active, hands-on role in key projects.
You'll also direct other designers in the development of interactive prototypes with initial, low fidelity visual designs that present a realistic feel of the intended experience, as well as work with the engagement manager to issue regular status reports and troubleshoot problem areas and work with them to manage changes in scope and devise contingency plans. You'll also use a variety of methods to convey ideas and concepts (e.g. storyboards, wireframes, prototypes, etc) and collaborate with a multi-disciplinary team to integrate design outputs into the broader business and strategic context.
Meet Some of McKinsey's Employees
Danielle is one of the leaders of McKinsey’s business with retail and consumer clients. She oversees client projects and helps her teams and her clients utilize McKinsey’s resources.
Back to top