Experience and Business Design
- Bachelor's degree in design or equivalent area
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in design
- Strong command of English language (both verbal and written)
- Willingness to travel to 50-70% to client site
- Experience with designing quality products and services for consumers that enable technical capability and business objectives
- Visual design skills, including use of a diverse set of software such as Sketch, Adobe suite, or other tools for graphic design, visual design
- Experience with conducting user research, usability testing, A/B testing
- Strong understanding of how to design distinctive user experiences
- Energized by complex problem solving and ability to push the innovation on solutions
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to influence senior client business and design/marketing executives on design decisions
- Ability to work under pressure, manage client expectations effectively and not get overwhelmed by client pressures on team
- Distinct customer focus and quality mindset
- Ability to manage own learning and contribute to functional knowledge building
- Ability to quickly acclimate to working in new multi-disciplinary teams
Who You'll Work With
You'll work in one of our offices in Greater China - likely Hong Kong or Shanghai - as part of Digital Labs and our McKinsey Digital team more broadly.
Digital Labs combines unparalleled business knowledge with a world class agile development process to offer distinctive support for enterprise IT enablement. Our highly skilled system architects and development managers configure software packages and build custom applications, creating the foundation for rapid and cost effective implementation of systems that maximize value from day one. Our development teams are small, flexible and employ agile methodologies to quickly provide our consultants with the solutions they need. We combine the latest open source technologies together with traditional Enterprise software products.
Our office culture is casual, fun and social, with an emphasis on education and innovation. We have the freedom to try new ideas, experiment and are expected to be constantly learning and growing. There is also a strong emphasis on mentoring others in the group, enabling them to grow and learn.
What You'll Do
You will drive user experience architecture and design from end-to-end.
This includes creating wireframes, prototypes, and managing usability testing. You'll also be responsible, along with our software and development leaders, for fully functional code supporting compelling interactive experiences that look great for the intended user segments.
Back to top