Executive Recruiter, Partner-level hiring
- Bachelor's degree required; Advanced degree a plus
- 7-10 years of recruiting experience at an executive search or corporate recruiting function focused on identifying, attracting and hiring highly talented individuals who are in great demand, into senior executive roles
- Deep knowledge of recruiting strategies, processes and marketplace trends
- Highly developed executive search skills and comfort in managing the full lifecycle of recruiting candidates
- Strong ability to synthesize findings and drive to decision
- Goal driven with the ability to proactively take initiative and comfortable working with minimal direction and comfortable with ambiguity
- Strong skills in discernment; able to evaluate intellectual depth and problem-solving ability of candidates
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and team skills; ability to build trust based relationships with candidates, consultants, and colleagues
- Exceptional organizational skills, at ease with abundance of details and complexity
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, prioritize them, and carry them out independently
- Strong client services orientation; professional services experience attractive
- Flexible to work outside of standard office hours given global nature of role
Who You'll Work WithYou'll be based in either our New York, Chicago, or San Francisco office as an Executive Recruiter for partner hires. You will have the opportunity to focus on senior hires and work with leadership to drive all aspects of the senior recruiting process with a focus on a specific and dynamic sector within McKinsey. The role is part of the North America-wide Experienced Professional (EP) recruiting team, focusing on non-campus hires.
What You'll Do
You will be responsible for the planning, coordination, and driving of hiring activities.
You'll develop talent strategies by working with global practice leadership to determine hiring needs and targets while developing profiles and specifications. You'll work with practice leadership to ensure the success of new hires including altering hiring criteria and adapting integration and professional development programs. Y
You'll turn profile requirements into an effective sourcing strategy using an appropriate combination of executive search, direct sourcing, online postings, referrals, and other relevant methods. Within the hiring activities, you will source, attract and develop candidate interest, then screen and evaluate the candidates using our assessment methodologies.
Beyond your direct impact on practice hiring, you'll be involved in value added activities for the wider community. You'll broaden your ownership of senior level hiring to other practices, participate in recruiting related projects across the firm as needed, and serve as Subject Matter Expert to develop and share best practices on partner hiring processes. Additionally you'll keep abreast of cutting-edge knowledge topics relevant to recruiting by attending knowledge training days, collecting intelligence from the marketplace and identifying trends and patterns. You will serve as an active member of the recruiting leadership focused on tracking key success and performance metrics, identifying and recommending improvement opportunities and/or constraints, and ensuring recruiting remains a leadership agenda item. Finally, you'll assist with developing the skills and capabilities of other members of the broader recruiting team.
Meet Some of McKinsey's Employees
Danielle is one of the leaders of McKinsey’s business with retail and consumer clients. She oversees client projects and helps her teams and her clients utilize McKinsey’s resources.
Back to top