Executive Recruiter - New Ventures
- 6+ years of recruiting experience gained while working within an executive search or talent acquisition function
- Strong ability to identify, attract and hire highly-talented individuals in a fast-growing culture
- Comfort in managing the full lifecycle of recruiting including highly-developed skills in market mapping, name generation, cold calling, candidate attraction, and client management
- Experience managing complex recruitment programs and driving progress across multiple profile types simultaneously
- Able to cultivate trust-based relationships and strong track record of leadership; Ability to manage relationships with senior and highly demanding stakeholders
- Strong skills in discernment; able to evaluate intellectual depth and problem-solving ability of candidates
- Flexible and comfortable with ambiguity
- Exceptional organizational and administrative skills, at ease with abundance of details and complexity, yet mindful of big picture, ability to handle multiple tasks, prioritize them, and carry them out independently
- Credible and savvy; perceived as a trusted thought partner and functional expert to senior management
- Influential advisor; bold and courageous with the ability to constructively challenge status quo
Who You'll Work With
You'll work with our New Ventures Recruiting team in New York or Chicago.
McKinsey New Ventures fosters innovation driven by analytics, design thinking, mobile and social by developing new products/services and integrating them into our client work. It is helping to shift our model toward asset-based consulting and is a foundation for –and expands our investment in –our entrepreneurial culture. Through innovative software as a service solutions, strategic acquisitions, and a vibrant ecosystem of alliances, we are redefining what it means to work with McKinsey.
As one of the fastest-growing parts of our firm, New Ventures has more than 1,500 dedicated professionals (including more than 800 analysts and data scientists) and we're hiring more mathematicians, data scientists, designers, software engineers, product managers, client development managers and general managers.
What You'll Do
You will manage a global recruiting effort including the coordination of hiring other recruiters.
You will be responsible for making senior and high-visibility hires. You will manage the full-life cycle recruitment at all levels and will be accountable for partnering leadership to design and drive recruitment strategies that align with best practices.
You will partner with other Recruiting Managers and practice leadership to set and deliver a high-growth talent acquisition strategy aligned with the business goals. You will play an advisory role regarding all aspects of talent acquisition, including talent market analysis, and recommending and implementing new assessment and pipelining approaches. Partnering with the Recruiting Manager, you will monitor performance and resourcing for recruitment and make adjustments as needed.
You will manage critical hiring projects and turn profile requirements into effective sourcing strategies using an appropriate combination of direct sourcing, online postings, referrals and other relevant methods including executive search. You will personally deliver against hiring targets for assigned senior or high visibility positions.
You will Identify, track and share appropriate metrics to manage team's performance and will keep abreast of cutting-edge knowledge topics relevant to recruiting area (attend knowledge training days, collect intelligence from the marketplace, identify trends and patterns).
Meet Some of McKinsey's Employees
Danielle is one of the leaders of McKinsey’s business with retail and consumer clients. She oversees client projects and helps her teams and her clients utilize McKinsey’s resources.
Back to top