- Bachelor's degree required, advanced degree a plus
- 7-10 years of recruiting experience gained while working with in an executive search or corporate recruiting function focused on identifying, attracting and hiring highly talented individuals who are in great demand, into senior executive roles
- Deep knowledge of recruiting strategies, processes and marketplace trends and highly developed executive search skills and comfort in managing the full lifecycle of recruiting candidates
- Extremely detail-oriented and organized and a willingness to "get hands dirty" and play an active role in all aspects of candidate management process; even on the smallest of details when needed
- Goal driven with the ability to pro-actively take initiative and comfortable working with minimal direction and comfortable with ambiguity
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and team skills; ability to quickly build trust based relationships with senior candidates and colleagues
- Exceptional organizational skills, at ease with abundance of details and complexity, yet mindful of big picture, ability to handle multiple tasks, prioritize them, and carry them out independently
Who You'll Work With
You will join one of our EMEA offices as part of our Experienced Professional (EP) recruiting team focused on partner and senior level hiring.
As part of this team, you'll have access to McKinsey's skills and knowledge that will set you up for success when you work directly with senior leadership to shape and execute our strategy for senior level talent acquisition.
What You'll Do
As an Executive Recruiter you will focus on senior level hires and work with leadership to drive all aspects of the recruiting process.
The main responsibilities fall into three areas:
Develop talent management strategies:You'll build trust based relationship with internal clients. You will learn how to quickly understand their talent needs and work with them to determine hiring targets, develop profiles and specifications and ensure success of new hires.
Plan, coordinate and drive hiring activities:You'll be responsible for the full hiring life cycle. Using your knowledge of effective sourcing strategies, you will use a combination of direct sourcing and referrals to approach, attract and develop candidate interest. You'll guide candidates and internal clients through our robust election process, synthesizing feedback from assessors and threading together a storyline to determine viability of candidate's success whilst providing consistent reporting to leadership on pipelines and progress against your goals. You will become a Subject Matter Expert globally across McKinsey and will develop and share best practices on our Direct Elect hiring processes.
Value added activities for the wider community: You'll have the chance to participate in recruiting related projects to set best practices for the firm. This may include setting performance metrics, working to identify improvement opportunities and developing the skills and capabilities of other members of the recruiting team.
Meet Some of McKinsey's Employees
Danielle is one of the leaders of McKinsey’s business with retail and consumer clients. She oversees client projects and helps her teams and her clients utilize McKinsey’s resources.
Back to top