Executive - Payroll and Compliance
- Bachelor's degree, ideally in Accounting
- 6 - 8 years of experience in Payroll management or related area for a ~1,500 member organization
- Strong customer service skills, overall understanding of accounting fundamentals, exposure to management reporting systems and payroll best practices
- Excellent knowledge of legislation and regulations of the field
- Attention to detail and ability to deal sensitively with confidential materials; strong sense of integrity
- Strong organizational and time management skills, prioritization abilities and ability to work under tight deadlines
- Strong interpersonal and negotiation skills and ability to problem-solve collaboratively
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, ability to engage positively with stakeholders
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications for MIS / reporting purposes
- Flexibility to work across different shifts, if required, to support various business requirements
Who You'll Work With
You will join our Business Presentation Design Services team in Chennai which is a part of our support network. This network consists of several globally operating teams that support our consultants from research, analytics, IT, assistant support and Presentation Design.
Our teams in the Business Presentation Design Services group translate the findings made during the consulting process into compelling visuals, charts and presentations. In India, McKinsey Business Presentation Design Services has offices in Chennai, located in Ascendas International Techpark, and in Thiruvananthapuram's Technopark. With a total size of over 1200 colleagues, our teams work on a 24x7 basis and across 3-shifts.
What You'll Do
You will work closely with our Finance team to ensure accurate and efficient maintenance of all accounting-related activities for our entity.
The role will provide you with opportunities to collaborate with diverse business teams (including teams in other McKinsey entities within and outside India), as well as with members of the HR & Admin teams in our Chennai and Trivandrum locations. As a member of the Finance team, you will be responsible for the accurate/timely capturing, processing and managing of our entity's payroll and provide financial information, including reconciliations, to relevant stakeholders. You will also help in enhancing our overall financial controls by preparing and developing ad hoc financial and operational reports as needed.
Your role is critical in upholding the company's reputation by ensuring compliance with various legislations. Your responsibilities require that you are up to date with the current taxation system for salaries, benefits and other regulatory requirements. You will stay on top of relevant changes to these requirements at all times. In your role it is important that you know that you are a representative of the organization and safeguard our interests by ensuring compliance with various audit requirements from the government agencies and closure. This may be done by coordinating with other stakeholders, including external service providers.
You will also be the face of the organization while representing the Finance function in on-boarding sessions for new hires. You will have opportunities to interact with and educate new colleagues, thus ensuring all statutory formalities with regard to new staff members are taken care of seamlessly. You will build your customer orientation by providing guidance and clarification to colleagues in the area of pay, benefits and taxes. These activities will help you with your task and time management skills and require you to prioritize incoming inquiries. Above all, your role and responsibilities provide a fantastic opportunity to learn and live by McKinsey's culture - respect for other colleagues, managing personnel and organization information in a sensitive and highly confidential manner, and maintaining the highest standards of professional etiquette and customer service.
You can further expand your role by being part of various projects and initiatives in the Finance function to continuously improve our efficiency and service levels. You will be able to learn new skills in the process and receive periodic coaching, feedback as well as learning through firm provided training programs.
Meet Some of McKinsey's Employees
Danielle is one of the leaders of McKinsey’s business with retail and consumer clients. She oversees client projects and helps her teams and her clients utilize McKinsey’s resources.
Back to top