- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- 7-10 years of experience in software development, architecture, or IT management positions
- Certification and fluency in Enterprise Architecture frameworks and methodologies, including at least one of the following (Zachman, TOGAF, Gartner, etc.)
- Expert level technical expertise in at least one area (e.g. SAP, Oracle, IBM, Workday, etc.)
- Excellent knowledge of various technology stacks in large enterprise IT landscapes
- Solid understanding of data management, including ODS, data warehouses, data quality management, ETL approaches and practices
- Solid understanding of enterprise system integration patterns (services, queues, messaging, service bus, middleware, etc.)
- Solid experience of IT security, including authentication, authorization, identity management, security at rest/transit/use, etc.
- Solid understanding of cloud computing, cloud value proposition, and service concepts
- Hands-on experience delivering large-scale implementations to production
- Prior hands-on experience developing software and/or managing infrastructure
- Prior consulting experience with proven ability to develop creative and efficient solutions
- Experience advising/communicating with board-level business leaders and technical implementation teams
- Excellent leadership skills and interest in teaching / mentoring others
- Strong verbal and written communication
Who You'll Work With
You will work in one of our North America Offices as part of Digital McKinsey.
Digital McKinsey combines world-class technical expertise with unparalleled business strategy development to support our clients in the time of business disruption. Our community is comprised of 2,100 technology-savvy colleagues who are passionate about leveraging technology to enable growth and innovation. Digital McKinsey integrate the best of IT architecture, design, data science, agile development and advanced analytics to bring Digital McKinsey's advisory to life; we deliver the experiences that transform the world's largest organizations. We help our clients to build custom applications, configure platforms and existing assets, provide capability building to manage challenging integrations and drive analytics.
As a part of Digital McKinsey, you will work with clients in a wide range of sectors and industries. Some Digital McKinsey consultants work exclusively within Digital McKinsey while others mix their business-technology focus with broader consulting work (e.g., operations, organization, strategy, corporate finance, marketing and sales, etc.).
What You'll Do
You will be involved in leading transformation projects for Fortune 500 companies that reimagine the business and enterprise IT landscapes.
You'll leverage your passion for delivering business value through the effective use of enterprise-scale systems, and you'll work side-by-side with strategists, helping make business vision reality. You'll be advising clients at all levels, spanning tasks such as advising CIO's on strategic initiatives to helping client's technologists troubleshoot and remedy a difficult issue.
You will work with our design teams, agile coaches and developers to build software and you'll be a core member of the McKinsey consulting team with responsibilities that range from building up client skills and shaping and implementing strategic products to ensuring that McKinsey's craft stays on the leading edge of technology.
Meet Some of McKinsey's Employees
Danielle is one of the leaders of McKinsey’s business with retail and consumer clients. She oversees client projects and helps her teams and her clients utilize McKinsey’s resources.
Back to top