Engagement Manager - Energy Demand Intelligence
- Degree in economics, econometrics, optimization, engineering or physics
- 5+ years of experience in a role in which significant Energy modelling was involved
- Experience in a consulting or business analytics environment
- Strong analytical skills, outstanding command of Excel and experience with programming tools
- Affinity with energy transition, big data, sustainability, growth in renewables is a plus
- Strong people and communication skills
- Ambition to work in a fast-paced, result-oriented team and company, with steep learning curve and strong commitment to coaching and development
- Enthusiasm to work in a start-up environment, with agile digital product-development, in a multi-cultural and multi-disciplinary team
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment, and to work effectively with people at all levels in an organization
- Ability to communicate complex ideas effectively, both verbally and in writing
Who You'll Work With
You'll work with our Energy Insights team in Warsaw. Energy Insights is part of McKinsey Solutions and McKinsey's New Ventures. You will work directly with client teams on high impact analytical projects and lead a team of 10-20 highly skilled market analytics professionals who contribute to McKinsey's research on global oil demand both for the short and long term.
Energy Insights, a specialist data and analytics unit, provides distinctive analysis, insights, and support to energy players. We offer services along the oil and gas value chain, including exploration and production, refining and marketing, natural gas, trading and oil field services, and equipment. Energy Insights' dedicated specialists apply proprietary tools and methodologies and a data-driven approach. With our strong ties with McKinsey's oil and gas consulting practice and access to the expertise of the wider McKinsey network, our research and analysis yield knowledge available nowhere else.
McKinsey New Ventures fosters innovation driven by analytics, design thinking, mobile and social by developing new products/services and integrating them into our client work. It is helping to shift our model toward asset-based consulting and is a foundation for –and expands our investment in –our entrepreneurial culture. Through innovative software as a service solutions, strategic acquisitions, and a vibrant ecosystem of alliances, we are redefining what it means to work with McKinsey.
As one of the fastest-growing parts of our firm, New Ventures has more than 1,500 dedicated professionals (including more than 800 analysts and data scientists) and we're hiring more mathematicians, data scientists, designers, software engineers, product managers, client development managers and general managers.
What You'll Do
You will help shape McKinsey Energy Insights' perspective through our proprietary global energy demand projection model.
You will focus specifically on our Power-modules and will work closely with colleagues from McKinsey practices such as Electric Power and Sustainability & Resource Productivity. This will involve coordinating macroeconomic, technological and policy trends with McKinsey's insights on an industry level.
You will be responsible for identifying opportunities for further improvement of our models and you will develop the methodology and approach to implement them. You will also establish perspective on model maintenance and approach to regular updates, and oversee validation of results by stress-testing with broader network of McKinsey experts
You'll support client development by joining pitch discussions and actively contributing to preparations and work on client engagements.
As we work with colleagues on multiple locations, your role will involve travel on a regular (~monthly) basis, particularly to Amsterdam and London. Moreover, as the team works in a start-up environment and is growing rapidly, your role will involve contributions to the development of our product and team. Examples include involvement in product development (e.g., the web application), recruitment activities and presentations at external events.
Meet Some of McKinsey's Employees
Danielle is one of the leaders of McKinsey’s business with retail and consumer clients. She oversees client projects and helps her teams and her clients utilize McKinsey’s resources.
Back to top