- Bachelor's and Advanced degree or MBA with consistent outstanding academic record
- 6+ years of work experience in a reputed company
- Proven record of high performance and substantial professional achievements in your past positions
- Exceptional intellect; excellent analytical and quantitative problem solving skills
- Demonstrated leadership ability in a team environment
- Initiative-taker who is eager to break new ground, create opportunities for others
- Ability to work effectively and communicate with people at all levels in an organization
- Skills to effectively communicate complex ideas
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in both English and Greek
Who You'll Work With
You will join our Greek office in Athens and will work with leadership to build our relationships and deliver project support to current and new clients in a variety of industries and functions.
Working at McKinsey as an Engagement Manager means that you are joining a firm that will challenge you and invest heavily in your professional development. In this role you will have the opportunity to work with teams and help the best organizations in the world – across the private, public, and social sectors – solve some of their most difficult problems.
Application deadline: September 30, 2017
What You'll Do
You will typically lead a team of 2–4 consultants to help clients achieve new performance highs.
You will lead the day-to-day execution of a client project while guiding and developing individual team members. You will work directly with clients –usually on site– and you will take ownership of the overall project and its end-products. In addition, you will make an important contribution to the analysis, design, and implementation of business performance approaches, developing tailor-made solutions and working closely with clients to ensure positive impact and sustainable results. Furthermore, you will have the opportunity to build on your proven leadership skills and leverage your interest in inspiring others, building strong relationships, and creating a true followership in a collaborative team setting.
You will work closely with others but also autonomously; your superior analytical, quantitative and conceptual thinking skills and strong interpersonal and communication skills will ensure impactful client projects and team performance. Client project work typically includes gathering and analyzing information, formulating and testing hypotheses, developing recommendations and implementing initiatives in collaboration with client team members. You will also gain new skills and build on the strengths you bring to the firm.
Engagement Managers receive exceptional training as well as frequent coaching and mentoring from more senior colleagues. Additionally, you receive guidance and support in the selection of client projects, helping you to develop your skills and build your network.
Meet Some of McKinsey's Employees
Danielle is one of the leaders of McKinsey’s business with retail and consumer clients. She oversees client projects and helps her teams and her clients utilize McKinsey’s resources.
Back to top