- Bachelor's degree from a top-tier university with consistent outstanding academic record; Advanced degree or MBA is preferred
- 8+ years of business management or consulting experience in a reputed company
- Proven record of high performance and substantial achievements in your past positions
- Deep expertise in industries such as financial services, high-tech, telecommunications, manufacturing, energy, retail, pharmaceuticals, or travel and logistics
- Solid functional knowledge, including but not limited to strategy, business development, manufacturing, supply chain, product development, project management, marketing and sales, etc.
- Outstanding records of academic and managerial or professional achievement
- Exceptional analytical and quantitative problem solving skills
- Demonstrated leadership ability in a team environment
- Initiative taker, eager to break new ground, create opportunities for others
- Willingness to take personal risks - as seen through leadership roles - in work environment and extracurricular activities
- Ability to work effectively with people at all levels in an organization
- Skills to communicate complex ideas effectively
- Fluency in English and Mandarin is a must
Who You'll Work With
You'll be based in one of our many locations around the world. Engagement Managers join our global offices and practices to work in teams and directly with our clients.
When you join McKinsey as an Engagement Manager, you are joining a firm that will challenge you and invest heavily in your professional development. In this role you will have the opportunity to work on teams and help the best organizations in the world – across the private, public, and social sectors – solve some of their most difficult problems.
What You'll Do
You will typically lead a team of 3 – 5 consultants to help clients achieve new performance highs.
You will lead the day to day execution of a client project while guiding and developing individual team members. You'll work directly with clients – usually on site – and you'll take ownership of the overall project and its end products. You will make an important contribution to the analysis, design, and implementation of business performance approaches, developing tailor-made solutions and working closely with clients to ensure positive impact and sustainable results.
You will have the opportunity to build on your proven leadership skills and leverage your interest in inspiring others, building strong relationships, and creating a true followership. In a collaborative team setting, you'll work closely with others but also autonomously with little direction. Your superior analytical, quantitative and conceptual thinking skills and strong interpersonal and communication skills will ensure successful client projects and team performance.
Client project work typically includes gathering and analyzing information, formulating and testing hypotheses, and developing recommendations for presentation to client management. From there, you will implement those recommendations with client team members.
You'll also gain new skills and build on the strengths you bring to the firm. Consultants receive exceptional training as well as frequent coaching and mentoring from colleagues and senior leaders on their teams.
Back to top