Embedded Software Engineer - IoT
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- 5+ years of coding experience on embedded platforms (preferably ARM architectures)
- Knowledge of Embedded Linux, the Yocto Project and RTOS
- Proficiency in C/C++
- Solid board bring-up, testing, and debug skills, using tools like GCC and Keil
- Demonstrated capability in applying software best practices to firmware designs
- Deep understanding of modern MCU architectures
- Experience in power management, power-on self test, and fault handling
- Ability to read and interpret schematics
- Familiar with general debug tools such as signal generators and oscilloscopes, and with interfaces such as JTAG
- Experience with common hardware interfaces, like SPI, I2C, etc
- Experience with coordinating multiple simultaneous inputs from sensors and front-ends
Who You'll Work With
You will work with the Internet of Things (IoT) team in one of our North American offices. You will have the ability to leverage other areas of Digital McKinsey including the agile prototyping as well as the data engineering experts and digital design specialists to provide a differentiating and distinctive service. You will be a core member of the McKinsey consulting team with responsibilities that range from shaping and implementing strategic technology products to ensuring that McKinsey's craft stays on the leading edge of technology.
Digital McKinsey brings together the best of McKinsey's digital capabilities—drawing from our Business Technology Office, McKinsey Digital Labs, and our digital functions and combining them in one cohesive organization. Digital McKinsey not only advises but also builds, operates, and transfers capabilities to help our clients use digital technology to transform their businesses.
McKinsey's IoT Digital aims to help clients unlock the enormous potential of the Internet of Things. Our value proposition spans the full product life cycle, ranging from data diagnostic to pilot, strategy, solution implementation, and ongoing operation. We view IoT as a transformative opportunity for clients across almost all sectors. Our goal is to collaborate with clients to define and deliver on this transformation. This requires a hand on approach and practical understanding of the challenges and opportunities involved in IoT. We are building capability that spans strategy, product design, digital design, hw and sw design, analytics, business planning and implementation.
What You'll Do
You will be responsible for developing firmware of IoT solutions in strategic focus areas for our clients, building scalable and robust products and/or services to support our growing IoT portfolio.
You will be participating in technical conversations with clients to design and execute rapid prototypes in the IoT space. You will have a real passion for architecting and developing software and hardware for next generation electronic products, for leading embedded and new product development and also for integrating IoT, embedded and cloud technologies seamlessly.
Meet Some of McKinsey's Employees
Danielle is one of the leaders of McKinsey’s business with retail and consumer clients. She oversees client projects and helps her teams and her clients utilize McKinsey’s resources.
Back to top