Electric Power / Natural Gas - Research Analyst
- Economic or technical university degree with an excellent academic record (CVs with GPA required)
- 1-3 years of relevant experience related to the electric power sector, professional experience in business analysis and information retrieval
- Knowledge of the Russian/CIS electric power systems or its segments
- Understanding of research techniques and relevant information sources, analysis and synthesis skills
- Strong conceptual abilities, an analytical mindset, and strong numerical skills, in addition to excellent business judgment, and understanding of basic economic and financial concepts and terminology
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- Intellectual curiosity and an investigative mind
Who You'll Work With
You will be part of the global Knowledge Network team working with Electric Power colleagues across the globe and will be based in Moscow, Russia. Nearly 2,000 knowledge professionals work with McKinsey consulting teams across the globe to help derive insights from market information and create foundations for sound recommendations for client and internal projects.
What You'll Do
As an expert on Electric Power markets, you will support our consultants and clients on all aspects of Russian and CIS power market (mainly focused on electric power, but also covering heat and other utilities).
You will perform a wide range of research tasks in your sector, from collecting market statistics to market modelling and developing perspectives on a variety of topics that are relevant to clients. You will be in charge of developing and sharing the knowledge on this topic in form of documents, newsletters and market models. Your work will be multifaceted and exciting, and you will gain deep insights into Russia and CIS power markets. In project work and in exchanges with colleagues, you will deal with new intellectual challenges daily as well as build your industry and functional knowledge on an ongoing basis. A clearly defined career path will help you to continuously develop your skills.
Meet Some of McKinsey's Employees
Danielle is one of the leaders of McKinsey’s business with retail and consumer clients. She oversees client projects and helps her teams and her clients utilize McKinsey’s resources.
Back to top