Domain Manager - Ingenuity
- Proven performer with at least 5-7 years of business leadership and client development experience around advanced analytics, data and/ or technology implementation (McKinsey equivalent tenure: EM)
- 3-5 years experience in the insurance industry; deep familiarity with the analytics or actuarial market landscape and corresponding information needs
- 3-5 years experience in department/line management with P&L responsibility
- Master's degree in business, statistics, mathematics, systems engineering, or similar field required
- Fierce desire to be a critical team member in a rapidly growing business
- Excellent business leadership and client development skills and the ability to work on multiple projects at the same time
- Strong communication and influencing skills at all levels of the organization, to orient the work of delocalized teams and push key topics on the agenda with internal stakeholders as well as with clients
- Entrepreneurial spirit and a keen interest in building the domain
- Excellent academic track record and professional track record of success.
- Travel requirements: 50%-60%
Who You'll Work With
You'll work with our Ingenuity team in either Boston, Chicago or New York. Ingenuity is part of McKinsey's New Ventures and McKinsey Solutions.
Ingenuity drives significant performance improvement for carriers, reinsurers, and brokers through a combination of advanced analytic capabilities, deep industry knowledge, extensive change management expertise, and the technology infrastructure to develop and host operational solutions. Ingenuity's analytical solutions span the entire insurance value chain including sales/distribution, underwriting/pricing, and claims.
New Ventures fosters innovation driven by analytics, design thinking, mobile and social by developing new products/services and integrating them into our client work. It is helping to shift our model toward asset-based consulting and is a foundation for –and expands our investment in –our entrepreneurial culture. Through innovative software as a service solutions, strategic acquisitions, and a vibrant ecosystem of alliances, we are redefining what it means to work with McKinsey.
As one of the fastest-growing parts of our firm, New Ventures has more than 1,000 dedicated professionals (including more than 800 analysts and data scientists) and we're hiring more mathematicians, data scientists, designers, software engineers, product managers, client development managers and general managers.
What You'll Do
You will oversee all activities related to the development, management, and delivery of the Solutions services and work closely with client service partners to advance the strategic aims of the Solution.
You will have the opportunity to shape the business, including product and IP development, domain strategies, client development, financial management, team management, and operations management. You'll leverage your domain-specific expertise in working with clients and with colleagues, and you'll be the go-to person for all aspects of the domain, including developing new innovations in insights and technology. This is a pivotal role that requires a passion for business leadership, client development, an entrepreneurial approach, and delivering services with real client impact.
It is essential that you quickly establish yourself as an integral member of the Solution Leadership Team and be a leader driving success of the domain as well as the entire Solution. You will be responsible for the full scope of activities related to building a business: strategy, go-to-market approach, client development, P&L, operations, product and knowledge development, and team management.
As Domain manager, you will be responsible for two essential functions. The first is Domain leadership. You will work to establish strategies for building and growing the domain and develop its value proposition. You will work with the Domain Sponsor Partner to maximize the domain's client impact and to be stewards of the domain. You'll develop new products, technology, and expertise for the domain while also managing its operations. You'll be responsible for the domain's P&L, including developing a short- and longer-term strategic and financial plan. You'll manage the team, including domain- specific expertise within the team. You'll also identify delivery resources both within the domain and outside the domain to staff domain engagements.
The second function is client development support. As Domain Manager you will support the proposal delivery process. You'll share expertise about the domain with clients and client service teams who are in discussions with clients. You'll develop the client pipeline and client service approach while fostering relationships with client service partners, and you will also radiate domain knowledge and expertise.
Meet Some of McKinsey's Employees
Danielle is one of the leaders of McKinsey’s business with retail and consumer clients. She oversees client projects and helps her teams and her clients utilize McKinsey’s resources.
Back to top