Domain Manager - Financial Services Lab (General Management)
- Undergraduate degree; MBA or other graduate degree a plus
- 7+ years of experience, with 3+ years of leadership experience within a consulting organization or software/solutions company
- Experience with data platform development and data ingestion (e.g., using AWS)
- Exposure to a broad range of advanced analytical tools and approaches (e.g., spark beyond)
- Experience with UI/UX software product development including data visualization, customer workflow mapping, and SaaS deployment
- Proven success in entrepreneurial environment
- Ability to manage multiple ongoing projects in a dynamic, complex and fast paced environment
- Ability to influence and mobilize colleagues without direct reporting relationships
- Strong oral and written communication skills to articulate business impact from software and expertise
- Ability to navigate and thrive within a complex matrix organization
- Persistent and execution-oriented
- Potential for ~30% travel required
Who You'll Work With
You'll work with our Financial Services Lab in New York, or an alternative East Coast city, along with a diverse set of banking and non-banking institutions, including universal banks, securities firms, national banks, exchanges, and information providers. Financial Services Lab is part of McKinsey Solutions and McKinsey's New Ventures.
McKinsey's Financial Services Lab is a dynamic and quickly growing platform within the firm serving some of the top banks in the world. Our unique value proposition lies in an end-to-end approach for our clients ranging from identifying sources of value from big data all the way through to the adoption phase.
We help our clients achieve transformational change by developing data-driven insights specific to the Banking sector. Our work covers a wide variety of strategic and tactical engagements and encompasses overall strategies for the wholesale business.
McKinsey New Ventures fosters innovation driven by analytics, design thinking, mobile and social by developing new products/services and integrating them into our client work. It is helping to shift our model toward asset-based consulting and is a foundation for –and expands our investment in –our entrepreneurial culture. Through innovative software as a service solutions, strategic acquisitions, and a vibrant ecosystem of alliances, we are redefining what it means to work with McKinsey.
As one of the fastest-growing parts of our firm, New Ventures has more than 1,500 dedicated professionals (including more than 800 analysts and data scientists) and we're hiring more mathematicians, data scientists, designers, software engineers, product managers, client development managers and general managers.
What You'll Do
You will be responsible for developing strategic and operational plans to build a distinctive asset.
You will provide strategic input to the development of the product roadmap and work with our tech accelerator and engineering group to drive the execution. You will be responsible for building demand for a portion of the Financial Services Lab internally and awareness externally (e.g. industry events, presentations, workshops).
Your responsibilities will include managing the P&L, contributing to client development and delivery activities and overseeing execution against a strategic plan. In order to ensure our assets are closely linked to the needs of our clients, Domain Managers spend approximately 40% of their time working directly on client engagements. Additional activities will include idea generation for application of advanced analytics and "big data" to financial services and new product development. You will also work with our data science teams and developers to productize key business use cases in banking, and client development and relationship management. You'll also have exposure to banking practice leaders across the firm.
Meet Some of McKinsey's Employees
Danielle is one of the leaders of McKinsey’s business with retail and consumer clients. She oversees client projects and helps her teams and her clients utilize McKinsey’s resources.
Back to top